Fly Tying
Ron1697

Digital Fly Journal

Most apps that are used come from a trusted source such as google store Samsung store or iOS store are safe and considered as trusted apps but not all apps are scrutinized by each of the stores. The high danger comes from website stores as they have little to no scrutination. As a matter of fact the home computer is by far more at risk than any other device as it gets little in form of updates and malware programmers have years of holes to use versus updates that plug those holes on iOS and Android. Even major banks say using a cell or pda is far more secure than a home pc is. If Im doubt run a scan and use a trusted virus protection that is frequently updated.

With that being said. I love that app and with cloud backup or export to pdf or docx I wont lose or forget a pattern or step. I wont have to try to remember a pattern when Im in a dead zone for internet in a remote location. That ability over rides notes and pc or even blogs. Cells we carry everywhere. This becomes yet another very useful feature. And yes I do take a travel tying kit when on extended remote trips. That makes this program worth it and very much worth the 5 dollars for full program. It didnt even have adds on the free version.

Thanks everyone for the input about personal security. It is definitely something that everyone should keep in mind. I will admit that my knowledge about the "behind the scenes" of apps is very limited, but at least for myself, its out of sight and out of mind. Sometimes ignorance (to and extent) is bliss. IN MY OPINION

Paranoia is rampant, Ron. I agree, that cyber attacks can happen.

But with more than 6 billion (6,000,000,000) cell phone accounts worldwide, I have a hard time believing that they're going to look into my tiny bank account. Hell, they might even feel some pity on me and leave some money in there.

"Don't let fear and common sense rule your life"

Unfortunately, this saying assumes that "common sense" and "safe thinking" are the same thing.

Common sense doesn't prevent you from taking chances ... it just imposes better access to knowledge before taking those risks.

MY personal definition of common sense:

"Common sense is the ability to slow your thoughts down to the speed your hands are working."

Modern society's problem is, no one knows how to concentrate anymore. Minds drifting off to a hundred different thoughts rather than focusing on the actual task at hand.

Fear, on the other hand, WILL cause you to miss out on many advantageous risks.

Planetrout and Flytier,

You both stated that you keep recipies of you flies on your Blogs. Are these Blogs available for others to see-that is are they your public blogs- or are they just for your own personal use. I'm not trying to be nosey it's just when I see references to someone's Blog they are generally referring to something they are posting for others to see.