Fly Tying
mikechell

Game of Thrones ... wow !!!

For a fantasy series ... in a fantasy land ... some of the realism is almost too real. People die.

People NOT dying in most TV series is more redundant to me. Wife and I are constantly pointing out, "He (she) would be dead by now in real life." Or, "Really, the car door (pressed wood table ... drywall ... take your pick) has stopped all those rounds? They'd be dead now."

As much as I like NCIS and Blue Bloods ... most of the main characters should be dead by now.

It's one of the many things about GoT that I actually enjoy.

I like that it's more realistic, I think sometimes never killing a character takes away a bit because you know they are not gonna die so you don't really get into it as much. But there is a point where if you kill off ALL the main characters then you lose interest as well. (just finished season 5 so you know who I am talking about lol). I'm still into it, but they do need to stop killing off everyone IMO. If they keep killing main characters then it is almost like you don't care to enjoy a character because they are just gonna kill them anyway.

We're now two episodes into the final season. I won't bother stating who's left, but I will say we're still craving the next episode. It's still getting better every time, just as it was at the beginning.

GOT started with and brings in a huge cast of characters. Many of those are easily attached to and BANG they're gone. There is a core of people who have been protected throughout and even if Jon Snow get killed he gets to come back. The core characters are still pretty much there and it will be interesting to see if any of the big names go in the battle with the icemen and the Ice King. There are just a few people I would not like to see killed and hope they make it though.

Okay! No spoilers (for Steve), but HOLY CRAP !!! Last night's episode was INTENSE !!!

Wife and I had to sit for about 10 minutes before we could even start discussing what happened !!!

Thanks for no spoilers, I'd hate to have to shut the site off on you guys LOL

I'm almost done with season 6, 2 more episodes. Gonna buy season 7 today off ebay, then I'll just have to grab the final season once they release it.

No fair. I want to talk about the latest episode and shouldn't have to keep quiet about it because Steve won't get cable. I will be a spoiler in that the long awaited battle finally takes place and my one big complaint is one I have with a lot of movies. Too dark. Not dark in the sense of macabre but everything done at night just doesn't show enough to really get the whole effect. I will leave off any spoilers and just say the end caught me off guard but could not have chosen a better finish for that episode than that one they devised. Just wish it took place in the daytime.

PS...Since it was brought up I have no use for Zombie movies. I also did enjoy I am Legend but love Will Smith in almost anything. Always felt bad for him since every movie they say "Fire at Will". So no Zombies, no Walking Dead episodes, but love Vampires. Watched the Twilight Saga Series that's supposed to be for kids and loved it. Watched the entire series of True Blood, The Blade Triology, even Buffy a lot of episodes, most of the Dracula spinoffs, and wife and are now in the 4th of 5 seasons of the Originals on Netflix. The whole original family of Vampires as they fight among themselves but band to leave a path of destruction when threatened as a family. Here's a series where you do not get attached to the main characters because they are Evil Incarnate and you continuously hope for their death but so far they're still going.

Hey Vic.

I've read a lot of "reviews" complaining about the low light levels. I, for one, have no problem with that. Things that "Go bump in the night" aren't nearly as scary during the day. Even the bravest of people get a little more ... jittery ... in the dark.

I think the battle in the dark was perfectly representative of the "technological era" of the show. It was also a perfect attack strategy of the Night King. His only failure was in underestimating CHANCE.

The ending was PERFECT !!!

Steve has cable, Steve's just not about to pay an extra $15 per month on top of the already $225 per month Steve pays for cable/internet/phone bundle from the cable company just to watch one good show on HBO. Steve stopped reading Vic's post soon as Vic said "I will be a spoiler". Vic and Mike can talk about the latest episodes long as Vic and Mike put "spoiler" before they start to talk about it, that way Steve does not have 70 hours worth of already watched seasons ruined by Vic & Mike, because then Steve will have to go into admin panel and turn FTF offline. Then Vic & Mike will have to sit and rewatch all 8 seasons because Vic & Mike will not have FTF to spend time on.

Signed,

The man of many faces

BTW season 7 should be here anytime now. Ordered it last week but seller's tracking number is useless dry.png Emailed him the other day and he said it was shipped and should be here by Monday at the latest.

Mike has made a pact with Steve to not spoil anything. If he breaks that vow, he knows I have his name.

Sincerely,

No one

Steve !!! Did you get Season 7, yet ???

Last night was episode 4 of Season 8 !!!

Once again, Wife and I were left drained, emotionally drained from the ups and downs ... physically drained from clenching the arms of our chairs.

We are now looking for a therapist ... since we think we're going to need one when the season ends.

PTSD - PosT Season Depression !!!

Not yet, seller must not have shipped for 6 days mad.gif I paid for it on April 29th and it did not even show acceptance to USPS till May 5th.(delivery estimate was that it would be HERE May 2nd-6th) Guy tried telling me he shipped it on the 30th. People must think everyone is as stupid as they are because he created a label on the 30th, but that does not mean it was shipped. I could create a label for an item I don't even own right now if I wanted to do so. Big difference between creating a label and actually shipping something. So prob wont be here till Friday now. A'hole will be getting neg feedback for this one.