Fly Tying
Little Juniata

What A Great Site

Fantastic amount of information, wonder how I missed this site all these years. Fish the Little Juniata, Huntingdon Pa. Great dry fly water, (is there any other way)

Welcome Little Juniata, glad you found and like the FTF, it's a great web site and new members help make it even better. Sure would like to see some of your dries.

Graham

Welcome Little Juniata. It is a fantastic site. With the mix of people that are here there is almost alway an answer to any question, about fly fishing, that you can think of. thumbsup.gif

Hey, Hey, Little J,

Welcome to a great site. I am from central PA and try to make the little J a couple of times a year. That is one great place. I have had the best fishing day of my life on the little J.

We fish it upstream of where Spruce Creek enters, and also at Baree (not sure of spelling).

Little J, enjoy the site, take some time and trace the threads back to the beginning. It is like having a fly fishing and tying encyclopedia.

Maybe we'll meet on the stream.

Conehead

Welcome aboarD Little J ! Iused to live in Potter county and had my hands full pichin' drys on the 1st fork of the Sinnamahoning and Kettle creeks and in those 3 yrs never got to fish your little "J"em. Maybe one day. We jsut don't have many prolific hatches down here in Tenn. unless you consider midges on a tailwater a hatch laugh.gif These guys down here see one mayfly that they can Identify, and imediately they hollar"the hatch is on!" I've seen dual hatches on Kettle creek with sz 10 hendricksons and size 10 march browns literally covering the width of the stream. So may fish rising it would make ones head spin! I ain't seen nothing like that down here...consider yourself blessed, and enjoy your time here!

A.A.

AA obviously you have missed the sulpher hatches on the holston tailwaters. it is a real good full blown hatch of those things. I love that hatch!

SR

What a great site, tons of gret folks and tons of information. I was up along the Little J yesterday, stood and watched 3 or 4 beautiful browns between 12 15 inches lazily midgeing in the sun. What a great sight for winter weary eyes, didn't bother them, just took their pictures, I did have my rod along and threw a few for practice, but not at those fish. Any one need up to date info on the river just yell, they do have a stream level station at Spruce Creek, now if we can just talk USGS into putting a temp gauge and clarity guage. Thanks for all the great welcomeing messages. Dumb old me didn't check the email notigfication of replys before, Sorry I am late. Hope to meet some of you folks on the river, I am there a WHOLE LOT between Grannom time and the end of the Sulphers