Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fisherboy0301

Timber Lures

Ha, I don’t have a YouTube channel, but watch Marling Baits if you don’t already. I’d be more than happy to chat about it though. 

21 hours ago, Fisherboy0301 said:

1CB840DD-DA47-4AE8-87FF-DDD18406B52A.jpeg09D93F91-EFE6-4934-BD44-6C43BB15CBEF.jpeg

Just an awesome minnow rendition and the fine bass seals the deal👍👍🎣🎣😎😎

What do you call the finish on this one? And, good to have you posting when you get the opportunity...

1 hour ago, Flat Rock native said:

Just an awesome minnow rendition and the fine bass seals the deal👍👍🎣🎣😎😎

What do you call the finish on this one? And, good to have you posting when you get the opportunity...

Thanks! It’s the first one I’ve seen others have success with! I have sold just a couple since then, and that one I actually gave to a coworker. 

If you mean the paint job, I don’t really have a name for it. If you mean the clear coat, it’s KBS diamondclear Moisture cured urethane. It’s not the best choice but it’s what I have for now. Hoping to get a uv setup to dip them in thin resin and hang to cure. 

8 minutes ago, Fisherboy0301 said:

Thanks! It’s the first one I’ve seen others have success with! I have sold just a couple since then, and that one I actually gave to a coworker. 

If you mean the paint job, I don’t really have a name for it. If you mean the clear coat, it’s KBS diamondclear Moisture cured urethane. It’s not the best choice but it’s what I have for now. Hoping to get a uv setup to dip them in thin resin and hang to cure. 

I will buy one!! or more.

yeah, like the paint job big-time

Flex coat for rod building might be another good finish choice it cures slowly so you would need a rotating rack for them.

FRN, I’ll message you when I get a break in custom swimmers for sure! 

Vicente, interesting I hadn’t considered it. I don’t currently have a way to turn them, but if I did that, I wonder how the flex coat compares to the epoxies most builders use.