Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

The latest...latest? Project

How many "latest" projects have I don lol. I guess this is the "latest latest" project then.

I have recently got into the mini rc scene with a couple of scx24's. Built the indoor course to run them on and been having a lot of fun with that. So bought a 2nd scx24 a few weeks ago to convert into a rock bouncer. Been collecting parts for it for a while now so figured with Christmas over I took a little time to pull apart the stock truck and turn it into a rock bouncer.

All the parts I collected for the project
MaS02mf.jpg

And completed
iXU5U5d.jpg
Ti4coBr.jpg
CMZl50m.jpg
Z9S43Ek.jpg

Short vid of it running on the course

😄 You call it a "rock bouncer" but that is definitely a rock CRAWLER!  was that last place, where the video cut off, the only place it couldn't go?  

It actually goes up & down there. Pretty much the whole course it will do. It just cut off there because I only had a quick charge in the camera battery. I had been thinking about buying a new camera for videos but the other day I found my old Kodak Playsport video camera which I forgot I even had. So just stuck a 30 min charge on it to try it out for this video. Takes pretty good vid for a nearly 10 yr old camera. It takes 1080hd vid which is what I used for this but for some reason it uploaded to youtube as 720. Not sure how to upload the HD quality yet, gotta tryin figure that out.

I had several,  had the willys jeep,  had ultima, turbo optima.  Subaru baja.  Clodbuster.  Yup spent way too much time with them.    That crawler looks awesome.