Fly Tying
Graham

Match the Hatch Challenge #4

QUOTE (Graham @ Apr 19 2005, 07:59 PM)
Beautiful Caddis, very realistic indeed.

It's OK for a first post, but I expect by his 10th post Mayflyman will be doing some good quality work. laugh.gif

Only joking of course. j_k.gif

That's an outstanding fly. I couldn't tie that fly with 3 hands and super-human vision. Congratulations!

new to the site and was wondering if anyone can submit a caddis pattern. if so, who and where do i send it.

thanks,

spike

Hey Spike, If you click on "Photo Gallery" just below the FTF Logo at the top of the page, you can upload pics there.

I'm blown away with the patterns being submitted, great stuff. I hope my Nymph Skin arrives today. Here's one I tied with Liquid Lace.

Aarne, Your idea to have the hook pointing up is very creative, I like it a lot, the fly looks great.

user posted image

WOW, what a reception! Thanks guys for all your kind words and in response to Graham; the fly was tied on a size 20 partridge klink-hamer hook using 3mm nymph skin (coloured to match insect), the thorax cover and wing casing is raffia, the head is designer skin and the legs are a secret...........just kidding! The legs are porcupine guard hairs shaped to the natural. I can send more photos of underneath the fly if you like? I will post some pics of more realistics in the gallery when I find out how.

Hi mayflyman, Wow, size 20, that’s fantastic fine detail for such a small fly, simply amazing. I really look forward to seeing more.

Sure, I've posted some on the gallery. A Heptigenid beside a real one in a vial, a beetle and a stone fly. I don't yet know how to get the little "my fly patterns" box at the bottom of my post so that that they can be quickly viewed. Any ideas? Thanks Graham.

P.S. I was checking out some of the other flies from the previous challanges and they are great! Love your damsel nymph!

Hey mayflyman, I think the best thing would be to open two browser windows. Go to the front page of the FTF, click on Realistic fly Tying, then click on "new topic". In the second window go to the Photo Galley and find a fly, click on it to open the larger view, and double click below to the right of where where it say "Image URL", the url should be highlighted in blue, copy that, go to the other window with the new topic and click on IMG, a little pane opens up and past the image URL in there. Having two windows open makes it much easier to post more than one picture at a time from the Gallery. I hope this all makes sense, and I just had a peek at your flies posted in the gallery, truly awesome tying my friend.

Graham

Man you guys and maybe gals are good. I like them all. I can't hold a candle to you guys. Now if you want them tested here in co.either river or res. just let me know, ha ha. better yet if you are around this way stop in and we will go fishing, I am a long way from being a guide but I do fish a lot.

Welcome Fred! I'll bet your just being modest. I like seeing all different styles of tying. Try to pick up ideas everywhere.

Maybe we can test some flies if I ever get to S. Co. Hope to see some of your work posted sometime

Duckydoty

Here's one I had on my tying desk. The japanesenymphlegs aren't very functional in such a small fly and they don't even look realistic without any work on them. The wingpads are also way off. Just wanted to share with you guys 'cause you have given me great moments reading this thread. I'll tye a better one if I have time.

post-49-1114190202.jpg

user posted image

Here's one Green Caddis rolleyes.gif

Graham That Liquid Lace looks good whit a body, and otherwice here is a lot of nice Caddis pupa.

Keep up the good work!

TKontio That pupa is nice one ! rockon.gif

PS: TKontio bait.gif ............ boxed.gif

So this is how this thing works. Every time when someone posts a fly either Aarne or Graham will send a better one ive_been_ripped.gif

Seriously speaking that's one nice caddis Aarne. I'll have to top that tomorrow if it's even possible.

I'm quite speechless at the moment (just trying to get rid of my baitfisherman status) ph34r.gif