Fly Tying
Graham

Match the Hatch Challenge #4

Hi all. I thought I owed it to you to at least make an appearance before opening day and wish you all good luck. As for where I've been, like I told Carl over at the rodbuilding forum. Margarita Ville. Where my biggest worry was "looking for my lost shaker of salt" I know it's a tough life, but someone has to do it. Since I've been back though I've had my nose to the grindstone tying and getting ready for the quickly approaching season. As for me opening day, I'll be going after brookies. First fly of the day will be # 32 feather wing Royal Wulff. It's been working for me for two years running, I'm hoping for a hat trick.

user posted image

As for our fly challenge. This is a fly that I tie and use a lot late in the season. The version I fish is the Giant September or Large Cinnamon Sedge. If your at the right place at the right time, this emerger can produce some monster trout.

Have a great opener all

Streamside out ...........

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Hey Streamside, nice flies and cool photo layout as well. I've wondered where you were, glad you're back. Did you find your sodium dispencer?

Graham

QUOTE (Graham @ Apr 30 2005, 01:11 AM)
Hey Streamside, nice flies and cool photo layout as well.  I've wondered where you were, glad you're back.  Did you find your sodium dispencer?
Graham

Thanks Graham. I'm a photography nut, so I actually get more into the photo layouts sometimes than I do the flytying.

Did you find your sodium dispencer?

Ya it was under the pull out beside a dried up slice of lemon and an empty bottle of Jose Cuervo. j_k.gif

Man I just took the time to actually look bugeyes.gif at this entire post. The flies that have been submitted are truly incredible. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. You have all done an amazing job! I'd be proud to have any of them in my boxes. There are a few that are just exceptional. Graham I've been looking at some of the flies you have made lately. Your flies are truly unique. There is true artistic vision in the way you bring them to life, that my own flies just don't have. Mayflyman's flies just simply blow me away. yahoo.gif

Hi

I can write English so good but i will let u see my first Try to Tying a Realistik fly

The Leg´s are to big, at today morning i have become Japanese Leg´s i will tying another one :-)

user posted image

TL Marco

Kyllfischer

Looks very good to me! What did you use for the antenas? With that being your first try I cant wait to see what you can do with a few more tries under your belt.

By the way welcome to the site.

Duckydoty

Hi Kyllfischer,

Your caddis pupa looks awesome. I'm wondering how you built up the thickness on the upper leg sections? How could a fish let that fly go by without a taste, it just looks so real and tasty. Nice tying.

Graham

Hi Kyllfischer,

That looks pretty darn good man! I'll take a dozen in size 12 biggrin.gif

Nick

Hi

Thanks for the any answer, now i have make a new one of the Caddis puppa

look,

user posted image

Oher Side

user posted image

its in hook size #12 the Antenna is Mallard, the legs are Phesant-fibers.

@Graham

I build it with an possibly wine material is so similar which how "Softex"

TL Marco

Truly amazing! The shape is exactly like the challenge photo, even has a neck on it. Excellent work, and the green is glowing.

Graham

Alright, I thought I'd give this one a try aswell, kinda screwed up the head and were able to save it just barely, so it looks a bit strange. But I did get the transluctant effect on the body that I was after so I thought I'd post it anyway.

Ulf

post-49-1120344556.jpg