Fly Tying

Couple Changes to the sites

I got a couple of small changes to the site that I thought yo all should know about. You all should now know that we have recently launched talkflyfishing.com which is the 3rd site in our network. Just like RBF you can use your username/password from this site to immediately gain access to the new site.

Network Navigation

With that said I have implemented a feature that will allow you to see what is going on at all three sites. At the top of all three sites you should see a grey bar with the three sites listed. Next to each link you will see "xx new posts". This number shows how many new posts are on each site since the last time that you visted that site. Hopefully that will help you keep track of all three sites a little easier.

I am also currently running a test on the homepage of this site. On the right hand side there are two boxes displaying the last 15 posts from both RBF and TFF. Once again my goal is to help everyone keep track of what is going on at the other sites and my thinking is you might see an interesting topic and click through to read more.

Galleries

A new feature to the Gallery has been implemented on all three sites in the network. One of the biggest resource hogs for this site is the galleries. I have always felt that pictures is a big part of this site and have always done what I can to pay the bills for all the bandwidth. One issue we have is members who take pics from the gallery and post them on the other sites. I actually don't mind this being done at all, it's just somewhat expensive to me and there is no benefit on my end because the pictures are being posted on another site. To make a little more benefiial to these sites I have added a little graphic to all the gallery images. The graphic says "Hosted free at flytyingforum.com"(or whatever site it came from. This will hopefully help spread the word about our site a little more while still allowing you to use the galleries to store images free of charge.

I would love to hear any feedback on these new changes.

Smallie, first let me say the sites all look great. I like the new posts on the right as well.

On that note maybe you need to go with another domain as a front page to intergrate all of your websites. You have Hatches with stories, fly tying, fly fishing and rod building. Maybe a front page with links to all three (showing new posts) and the new story from the hatches so when someone stops in the get a glimps over all your domains?

Somesort of doorway. Sent a PM.

Will and all who have had a hand in the triforums! WELL DONE! yahoo.gif thumbup.gif clapping.gif

BFR

Great changes, guys!!!.... You guys have too much time and intelligence on your hands..... hysterical.gif

(Will, did you get my avitar quote mixed up with BFR's? huh.gif )