Fly Tying
Idaho RC

Lamson Litespeed Deal

Several years back I bought a Lamson Litespeed reel from Cabelas at discounted price. I really like it a lot! I have wanted to get one for my fishing buddy (my wife) for a long time but they are so expensive I just couldn't part with the cash. It looks like the Litespeed is being discontinued. I use mine for trout on a 5 weight line.

Sierra Trading post has them on closeout. With this coupon code ZKT9425U will get you 25% off. The total on the #2 for 5/6 weight lines comes out to $209. I just bought one for the misses and wanted to share the deal with the forum. I hope it helps someone.

For what it worth I have no interest in Lamson other it's pretty cool that they are in Boise, Idaho a couple of miles from my home. I like the Litespeed I have enough to share the deal.

Really? Why would you say that? I bought it for 25% off using that code and I tried the code again before I posed this. And I tried it again just now. Did you try it?

I have no idea about any of the other brands but the code works just fine for this reel.

I have also used coupon codes to purchase multiple fly fishing name brands (Redington, Sage) from Sierra Trading Post with no issues. You can usually check if the coupon code works for whatever you are looking at on there.

Idaho, you are the man!! I have been getting ready to buy a new Lamson Guru at $269 they not only had it on sale but took the coupon code I walked out the door @ $156 shipped!!!

Idaho, you are the man!! I have been getting ready to buy a new Lamson Guru at $269 they not only had it on sale but took the coupon code I walked out the door @ $156 shipped!!!

That's awesome! Glad it worked out for you. I think my reel is 3 years old. I have used it so much it looks like it fell out of a my truck and bounced down the highway. The reel and the drag works awesome, just like it was new. I am sure the Guru will work the same for you.

That's awesome! Glad it worked out for you. I think my reel is 3 years old. I have used it so much it looks like it fell out of a my truck and bounced down the highway. The reel and the drag works awesome, just like it was new. I am sure the Guru will work the same for you.

yep, this is my 3rd guru. All there reels use exactly the same drag except for there most expensive reel.

I now have a 5wt a 9wt and a 10/11wt thanks again for posting this!! I was buying it tomorrow at full price

Thanks Idaho RC... I just bought the Lamson Lightspeed 2 Series IV, out the door for $216 (had to pay tax)... wouldn't have gotten the fantastic deal (40% off) without your coupon!

SD

Here is the whole story about the coupon.

I made my first purchase from Sierra a couple of months ago. It was small, i think the total was like 10 bucks. Since then they spam me every damn day with promotions or the deal of the day. It seemed like every email was 25% off. The other day when I saw they had the Lamson I was super pissed when I went back through all of those emails and didn't see one for 25% off. I immediately sent their customer service and email sharing my frustrations and willingness to make a purchase only to find out that I didn't have the 25% when I really needed it. They emailed back in an hour or so with the 25% off code.

So anyone in the future that wants to make a purchase from them sign up for their emails or you might just have as good luck as I did by sending their customer service and email asking for a coupon. Can't hurt to try.