Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Bonsai pics for Mikey ;)

Spent the morning working on one of my bonsai trees while I was waiting for an aquarium background customer to get here. Gave my juniper it's 2nd styling. This was an after season $5 lawn shrub bought from Lowes 2 years ago. After a couple years of pruning and wiring it's starting to turn into a pretty nice little bonsai tree. Pic on the left was 2 yrs ago before I worked on it. Pic on right is today.

5qz1cc.jpg

61ScKF.jpg

Umm, can't open the pics on my laptop or on my phone. The jpg above your signature wont show either though so might be issues my end.

Sometimes, it's so easy to hate one's friends. tongue.png

That's become I beautiful tree. I envy you and the time you have to keep up with your forestry.

But don't worry ... I'm not really a hater ... and more pictures of all the trees are always a highlight of my day !!!

After being able to spend the day at the bonsai show with some guys that had 30+ yrs in the hobby I was able to really get a lot of good knowledge from them. So I took what we talked about today and applied it to my most recent tree that I just redid last week. Spent about 5 hrs opening it up, reducing foliage and wiring a lot more movement into the branches. Now once it starts back budding it should be a really nice tree in the next year or two.

What it looked like after redoing some of it the other day.....

61ScKF.jpg

And now after applying what I learned today. Much more open to get the sun into the middle for back budding, and tons more movement wired into the branches.

694vfg.jpg

Thank you, Steve. Those show trees are gorgeous. Of course, yours are, too. The only difference is, some of those trees are decades old. Yours will get there!!!

I like the off second from bottom pic. Looks really good with the shape and moss on the trunk base.