Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Need help posting photos

2 replies to this topic

#1 Murrill

Murrill

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

I apologize in advance for being so dense, but I can't figure out how to post photos in my topic.  I have photos uploaded to Google Photos.  When I click on the "image" button in the forum and insert the URL for the photo in Google Photos, I get a message that says "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."  The files are JPEGs.  What am I doing wrong?  I'm sure that somewhere on the The Flyting Forum there's a post or article that answers my questions, but I can't find it.  Help!  I would like to be more active in this forum/community but it doesn't do me much good if I can't post photos.

Thanks!

j

#2 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,057 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:44 PM

It's possible your photos are too large.  The file can only be 2MB for each picture.  600 x 400 pixels. (although I've posted slightly larger pictures.

You might be able to copy the URL and paste it directly to the comments page. 

I've gotten the warning you mentioned ... and just x'd out that pop up ... and then had the photo show up on the screen.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,163 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 09:15 PM

the photo can be 1080 pixels wide and even larger. its the size i always post

i just tried a photo from google photos and it didnt work for me. it doesnt seem do give a .jpg url

try posting your photos from your hard drive as attachments

i use imgur photo hosting site. never had a problem

my two favotite words: senior discount

Reply to this topic