Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Pujic

Hendrickson Dun Photos

For anyone interested, take a look at the subtle but noticable differences between the two Hendricksons, one male and one female. That egg sac is much brighter when you see it in real life. I think the fish were keying in on it.

user posted image

and...just the female:

user posted image

Here is a pic of one of many stonefly nymphs we observed under rocks.

user posted image

Thanks Steve. The bugs are Grand River natives, yes. The Hendrickson hatch was so impressive I had to snap a few pics as reference material for the bench.

Awesome Nick!!! Ive been looking for a good female Henny picture!!

another quality picture!!!

Pujey,

That egg sac reminds me of what it must have been like for the "Golden Boy" to be in the womb rolleyes.gif

Great pics as always! I have had good luck on stonefly patterns in the tailwater I fish, that pic gives me some good ideas.

Thanks guys.

I hope to get more as the season goes on. That way come Winter I'll have a bunch of reference material for the bench. I am trying to move away from my streamer only techniques this year and hit a few more trout on top.

I was planning on going back to the Grand this weekend, but I just found out that there was a dam failure and the water flow is 10 fold what it should be. sad.gif

Great pics Nick.Great when you guys post pics like that realy helps to understand what your trying to imatate at the bench.that stone looks like he is out to kick some #@#. tt

Steve,

From what I hear a section of one of the dams in fergus collapsed causing a huge increase in flows everywhere below it. Take a look:

http://www.grandrivertroutfitters.com/gall...4beattyfail.htm

I'm not sure what the authorities do when something like this happens. I mean how do you fix or rebuild a dam while sustaning some sort of flow? Fergus isn't exactly country side where they could just reroute it. Belwood Lake is full so they can't ease the flow of water out of it either dunno.gif I hope there is no long term damage from this.

Nick thanks for the damn info laugh.gif

Seriously man that sucks! i hope this dosen't have any long term effects on the fishery....i really was hoping to get over to the grand sometime in the next few weeks/month to fish and hook up with you. sad.gif

SD

Looks like the flooding is hurting everyone.Rabbit river near me usually has a 6 foot drop over normally but at last look it was flowing level.thats lot of rising and water.

tt

Great picks Nick. What kinda of camera are you shooting? I love your site and the pics make it headbang.gif