Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
artimus

Flies for swaps

How many flies do you tie for a swap?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With my time constraints, I only do what the swap requires; doesn't matter, I don't have time to fish anyway.

Pretty much the same as Shoe. The rejects end up in my box. Though I was involved in swap the required a hundred flies. I found I still wanted to send out a good fly. I think I ended up with about 20 or 30 rejects. I can now tie the pattern blindfolded.

Well I guess I am more of a perfectionist. I got in to tying realistic flies while I was working in Europe and that really helped me tie better, but it also made me more picky. If the fly is not to bad I put it in my box....but otherwise.......I break out the ol' razor blade. Me and the razor are buds now! wink.gif

Preach

I tie until I've got the best I can tie to send out. Fortunately, my abilities have improved a lot since my first swap.

As for recycling, anything that I am unhappy with gets put into the recycling pile.