Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NJFlyMAn

Got A New Hardy Greys Streamflex 9' 4wt

Got A New Hardy Greys Streamflex 9' 4wt. Now I need some help from you guys that have one on what reel should I pair it up with? B)

I've got the 10' 4wt and use a Lamson Konic. It balances pretty well but not sure if it would with a 9 footer.

-Mike

Thanks..I'll check them out next time I'm in a fly shop. I was looking at the 10'4wt myself, but thought for my home waters the 9' should do me justice. And if I feel I need that extra foot, I'll go out and get the 10' 4wt next. Since one can never have to many fly rods can he? B)

I don't think you can have to many...but only owning one rod myself I can say that I think you can own too few :P

Other than balance, I'm not quite sure what the importance of the reel might be on a 4-weight? Isn't it to store line at the end of the day?

Other than balance, I'm not quite sure what the importance of the reel might be on a 4-weight? Isn't it to store line at the end of the day?

no no no, you've got it all wrong. It must have a space-age unobtanium drag that will stop a locomotive- or at least a mid-powered motorcycle with a 200lb rider, and be capable of holding at least 643 yards of 10lb superline backing. It absolutely must be capable of withstanding corrosive conditions up to and including the atmosphere of Venus, just in case you decide to throw it on a sandy bank and drive over it with a bulldozer during the photo op of you and the 12 inch stocked trout you caught in the Great Salt Lake.

get with the program.

I've got the 10' 3wt and I use a Allen alpha 3-4 reel and I am very happy with it. Contact Justin and see if he will discount it for you. Also He may have a sale some on reels .

no no no, you've got it all wrong. It must have a space-age unobtanium drag that will stop a locomotive- or at least a mid-powered motorcycle with a 200lb rider, and be capable of holding at least 643 yards of 10lb superline backing. It absolutely must be capable of withstanding corrosive conditions up to and including the atmosphere of Venus, just in case you decide to throw it on a sandy bank and drive over it with a bulldozer during the photo op of you and the 12 inch stocked trout you caught in the Great Salt Lake.

get with the program.

LOL now that sounds pretty decent, i do know of a few people who take their 4wt's out for tuna so perhaps there is a market :P