Fly Tying
NJFlyMAn

How much time do you spend a day.

Just wondering how much time a day do you spend doing something fly fishing related?

Fly tying, Reading books, or maybe just out Fly Fishing. How much time do you think you actually spend each day?

Myself it's several hours most days.

Example of today's hours..

Tyed up some flies for today's trip 0530-0700

Fly Fished 0830-1800

FTF for about an hour already today. Swaps,PM's, New topic post's

Then I'm reading a new book I got for about 1.5 hours tonight about Caddis Flies.

A lot! In the morning im on this site looking at all the updates. Then during school I'm reading fly fishing and fly tying magazines and books, then after school it's on the Internet lookin up fly fishing articles, or on this website.

On weekdays I spend 30 min before/during school on this site and reading stuff. Then I try to tie for about thirty minutes and then read some more stuff/forum for another 30. On weekends I will tie for an hour or two and fish for another two-three hours a day.

I'm off and on here several times a day and I try to tie at least an hour or so everyday. I usually fish a few times a week too for a few hours. I'm also reading magazines and looking at articles on the internet for a couple hours everyday.

I'm a custom fly rod builder for a living so I spend an average of 8-10hrs a day building fly rods, then mixed in with that I spend probably a total of 2-3 hrs a day on our 3 websites or the other fly fishing website I help moderate. So that's about 11-13hrs a day every day 7 days a week :blink:

What did I win? :lol:

Steve

I'm a custom fly rod builder for a living so I spend an average of 8-10hrs a day building fly rods, then mixed in with that I spend probably a total of 2-3 hrs a day on our 3 websites or the other fly fishing website I help moderate. So that's about 11-13hrs a day every day 7 days a week :blink:

What did I win? :lol:

Steve

Man that's a lot... Do you ever get out fishing?

Thats quite a bit of time. The question is do you dream about it at night as well? Because technically that counts as well. :lol: