Fly Tying
kingfisher2

The baitdunker is here!

I am an advid steelheader, having fished for this treasured species for nearly 30 years. I grew up in Northern Indiana, working the small streams for mostly summer run skams.

As a youngin, I had a tough decision on fishing techniques. I couldn't choose between flydunking or baitdunking.. Until I did some studying....let me share with you my findings:

1. Flydunkers are undecided, they could never decide when to let go of the line, making several back/forward movements before releasing the bait....Baitdunkers only need one movement and the bait is in the water

2. Flydunkers aren't very intellegent since they bring their line in one strip at a time.....just use the handle.....and reeeeeeeeeeeeel! Baitdunkers read the instructions on their newly purchased reel and know where to find the "handle."

3. Flydunkers spend way to much on a reel with no moving parts. Baitdunkers reels have several moving parts and are at a fraction of the cost of a fly reel.

4. FLydunkers are cheap, they tie their own flies when they cost so little when purchased. Baitdunkers purchase their supplies and spend the rest of the time fishing while FLydunkers are home tieing.....

5. Flydunkers dangerously stop along highways for roadkill and then fill their garages with smelling dead animals. Baitdunkers....well we just dont stop.....

So, it wasn't very difficult for me to make a decision.....now my number one objective is to convert flydunkers over......

In all honesty, I enjoy fishing with anyone and/or everyone, no matter what legal technique you use......

Oh Boy...

Ok, which one of you clowns left the gate open?

I guess this is the point when I should welcome you. Hmmmm, if I must.

Got any other smartass comments you would like to get out of the way? Let's see, Bait.. Get those slimey worms all over my boat, the leeches crawling up my leg and hellgramites biting my finger???? Is that what your advocating?

One day Mr. Kingfisher, you will also be converted. In the meanwhile I'll just have to tolerate your empty bait containers in my boat.

As long as you have a distinctive taste in whiskey, I may overlook your shortcomings.

bugeyes.gif bs.gif shit.gif sick.gif

BTW, you may want to defend yourself. http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=901

I bet we have him drifting flies with his spinning gear before long.

And from there it's it will just take a little nudge to push him over to the dark side.

Muhahahahahahahahah. bugeyes.gif

OSD.

As you can see welcome to the nuthouse!!! We're a pretty loose bunch around here with everyone helping everyone else, that's what makes it so great.

Welcome aboard and enjoy yourself we all do.

Fatman

Welcome Kingfisher. I agree that something smells; but, I don't think it's road kill.

Having been a bait dunker for years myself before converting to fly fishing, I can't agree with your reasoning. But that's a matter of preference I guess.

I still, periodically, allow my neighbor to talk me into teaching minnies to swim with a hook in their tail. He likes to teach 'em that so's they can swim around and find crappies for him. Some of 'em are pretty good at it too.

Anyway, we'll be keepin' an eye on you. I got me a road killed skunk I'm lookin' to make someone a gift of. biggrin.gif

Keep dunkin' 'em pal. We're all a brotherhood after the same finny peabrain that seems to out think us on a regular basis.

Again, welcome. Stay in touch.

welcome mark, long time no see. how have you been?? ready for an extreme fishing trip like we did a while back? i got warmer clothes this time and dont plan on dropping my reel into the water at all!!

If Smallie can make BDH a Woman and you Big and Ugly, I'm sure he can do just about anything. laugh.gif

Sean, we're going on an "extreme"..ly drunk trip this weekend. Wanna drive? help.gif

(warm clothes are optional bugeyes.gif )

i would love to go, but cant take anymore days off of work. all the bums that dont use their vacation during the rest of the year wait till the last few weeks of the year to take it and screw anyone else that has something come up (like last minute fishing trips wink.gif )

of course after hearing all the stories that stelmon told after he drove you guys across state, i would have to get paid for that! J/K, if it wasnt for the monday thing i would love to drive with you guys

Welcome, my bridge chauffering friend! biggrin.gif You had me in tears, as I have 6 duck skins and 1 squirrel drying in the garage!

What a great addition to the site! wub.gif

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. You mean I loose my Baitfisher title after 10 posts? I guess I'll have to change my name every 9 post then......

Sean, great to see you're still alive and kicking, when are you going to get all those rapalas out of my trees?

Sippy, what are you feeding that ballast looking monster in that primative float tube? Hope to see ya at the Xmas party and continue your bridge driving instructions.

And for you SHOE, I'll just leave it alone.......I would hate to offend my "SOLE" brother.......

Marc

marc, i will come whenever the invitation drops to me. i forgot i "left" all of those laying around smile.gif with as much money as i invested in all of those, the fish fairy shouldnt charge me a cent to fish there for a while