Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NickJ

Good morning

Good morning,

I've recently re-introduced myself to tying flies, after having neither the time nor the inclination for 40-50 years. Retired to Maine from Colorado last year. I fish for trout, whenever and wherever I can. I'm looking forward to picking everyone's brains...

Some people have more brains to give. Some of us can't afford to lose much more. But feel free to ask anything you want. This IS the place for answers.

Welcome to the site. Welcome back to the art ... or the madness, if you believe some members, here.

I have a question though ... why retire to MAINE??? It's cold there, what, 11 months of the year? 14 days of Spring, a day of Summer, 14 days of Fall, then Winter again ... no?

Don't get me wrong. Living in Florida, I am glad there are people who DON'T move here to retire ... but MAINE?

Just curious.

Cold? Not like living in the Colorado Rockies. They've never seen 40 below here or 5/6 feet of snow in one day. Above all, Maine is still America the way it used to be.

Welcome Nick. For once let me correct Mike... he says this is the place for answers... actually more like the place for choices. Ask a question and you're likely to get a whole bunch of different opinions, freely given, but you're free to pick your favorite :-)

Actually like Mike said, we have a bunch of highly respected and vastly more experienced members than either one of us, so this is the place to be.