Fly Tying

cool.gif Hi guys and gals. I just recently found out about this site and i like it a LOT! I see a few friends here already. My name is mark j. romero, (willowhead) is my handle on FAOL, VFB, and NJFlyFishing and now here too, lol. I use to be a host in the Hut, the FAOL chat room. I live in Roscoe, N.Y. (house) and in Manhattan (N.Y.C. apt.). My wife and i have a little fly fishing school here in Roscoe, M&M Fly Fishing. We teach mostly Japanese beginners, because my wife is the captain of the Japanese National Fly Fishing Team, (Team Japan), and the President of World Fly Fishing of Japan. You can find out all you might want to know and more, lol by going to either www.JazzMarkGallery.com or to www.WFFJ.org and surfing our sites. We've been fly fishing since 1989 and we are members of the Catskill Fly

Tyers Guild, the American Museum of Fly Fishing, the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum, Theodore Gordon Flyfishers, the Delaware River Foundation, the Atlantic Salmon Federation, Trout Unlimited, the Federation of Fly Fishers, Japan Fly Fishers, Flappers, the International Women Fly Fishers, the Juliana Bernars Anglers, United Fy Tyers, World Fly Fishing of Japan, and who knows how many more, LOL. Anyone interested in joining us for our annual "Gathering" in Roscoe, N.Y. should email me asap! The event takes place from May 31st thru June 6th. Call for details, 607-498-9944 or 212-628-7818. See you at one of the east coast shows or at the FFF I.C., the E.I.F.T./F.F. Expo or at the Sowbug Roundup perhaps. Have a good one and tight lines/wraps. mark (willow)

Mark_J._Romero

too bad that big meet couldn't be a few days later

last time i was in roscoe was two years ago and it has already been too long

i was in the catskills last summer during the free fishing weekend and did preety well considering the low water

welcome

and do you have a shop there in the catskills i might have to stop by this summer

Welcome aboard willowhead.

There are people from all around the US. and Canada also a few from the UK. that are members of this site.

Were glad to add you to the list of Fly fishing /tying people on this site

OSD.

well i took a look at your site and it said you live on the willowemoc creek you'll never believe this but i think that is the river i fished this summer

now i have to try my hardest to stop by this summer

Welcome Willowhead. I may have a question or two for you when I head to Japan in early April. Know anything about flyfishing around Yokosuka. Looks like I'll need flies for sea bass which I understand resemble our stripers, and rock cod.

Hey Mark,

Glad you found your way over here, as on FAOL there's a great bunch of folks folks here and all different levels of expertise. I know you'll make a great contribution.

Tight Lines,

Fatman

Wow! There is so much experience on this site! Welcome!

(If you can get me any autographs from any of the Iron Chefs, I'll put you on my radio show!!) smile.gif

cool.gif That must be a band? Cool name. Sorry i don't know who they are. See, we're all ignorant to one degree or the other, LOL. The trick is not to be blissful. Not yet anyway. That cat that tried to tell you they were one and the same, LIED! mark (willow)

cool.gif Thankx guys, (Mike*A and Redneckfisherman) for the welcomes. I sure hope i can find the time to participate here more, but as it is, i am soooooooo swamped with fly swaps right now. Wish you all could have come to the Fly Fishing University Show in Danbury, Conn. this past Fri., Sat., and Sun. It was a wonderful show. Maybe i'll see some of you at the Fly Fishing Show in Somerset, N.J. on Jan. 23,24,25.? Hope so, look for me at the Catskill Fly Tyers Guild table or at my wife's table World Fly Fishing of Japan, or at the Theodore Gordon Flyfishers table. My wife and TGF share the same space, so that's easy. "Come on Down" mark