Fly Tying
mybadhabit

Allen Hooks

Have any of you dealt with Allen Hooks and received the fly box? I placed an order with them, because of what I saw on here and got the hooks but no box. Even after I contacted them, no box, so I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem with them or if it is something I just need to stay on top of. I have been tying on them and they seem to be a good hook, but not receiving what was stated on the site makes me hesitant to buy from them again. If anyone has any kind of experience with them, good or bad, please let me know.

Thanks

Blane

They have a chat line on their site. Contact them or they also have phone # I have used both. Justin goes out of his way to satisfy his customers. I have bought hooks,2 reels and fly lines. More than satisfied with all.

There is a minimum purchase to receive the free box, and it recently changed...

If you get $60 of stuff you. Get three free fly boxes and if you get $20 of stuff you get a fly box for $2.

Some do and some don't. It's all preference, I would suggest talking to the owner see if you can work something out as a sample pack.

did you read what the website says??

the website states the following

FREE and DISCOUNTED Fly Boxes with your hook purchase equal to or greater than the value below

$25 = 1 Fly box: $2

$35 = 2 Fly box: $4

$45 = 3 Fly box: $5

$60 = 3 FREE Fly Boxes!

buy $25+ of hooks and you can buy a fly box at the discounted price of $2 and so on

did you buy enough to get FREE fly boxes??

http://www.allenflyfishing.com/collections/hooks

Got it worked out today, Justin made a mistake in the order and is sending it out tomorrow. Glad it all worked out, he has some great deals on stuff.

Justin is a stand up guy, plus he donates his stuff to project healing waters. Of course he made good on his offer for the boxes. Granted they have changed but glad you got it worked out

It's all thanks to Justin that I am running my class, If it wasn't for his hooks I wouldn't have a class...

Hello ,

I wrote to Allen before I ordered hooks, because I am working in Russia, and order was to Russia.

He said that shipping is free and fly box is free. I ORDERED MORE THAN 500 HOOKS. They were obligated to send me 2 free fly boxes, but they sent me about 450 hooks and no one fly box.

I chat with him through his site, and he get back money for unsent hooks. But he never sent a boxes. He promised , but he didn't send.

By the way, hooks are nothing special.

For dries they are to thick.

I had a similar problem with him but if you can keep contacting him and explain the problem, he will come thru, he has changed the deal now to $2 per fly box, last I checked. The hooks and fly boxes also ship from two different locations and that is what caused the problem I had. Like I said, just keep checking on him and he should be able to fix it for you.

I've dealt with Justin several times and he's always made good on his offers. He's a busy guy and is sometimes out of pocket, but when he got back he responded. When I ordered 500 hooks it took him some time to pull the order togeather because he did not have enough of some hooks.

Hello ,

I wrote to Allen before I ordered hooks, because I am working in Russia, and order was to Russia.

He said that shipping is free and fly box is free. I ORDERED MORE THAN 500 HOOKS. They were obligated to send me 2 free fly boxes, but they sent me about 450 hooks and no one fly box.

I chat with him through his site, and he get back money for unsent hooks. But he never sent a boxes. He promised , but he didn't send.

By the way, hooks are nothing special.

For dries they are to thick.

If you talk to him on the phone I think he would get it the most. but I actually like thicker hooks for dry flies, it makes them more durable and strong