Fly Tying
SpokaneDude

Where to find Shane Stalcup's caddis body material

I'm planning on tying this caddis fly ("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDnhRVMcoqg")... notice the body... I am unable to find this anywhere... anybody know where I can find either the body pre-made or where I can find a doc that shows how to make it?

post-56493-0-83041000-1512238642_thumb.png

Sorry can't help on this one but try walkers of trowel used to be. Tom .C. Saville , Try also Lakeland fly tying, trout catcher.co.uk

Hope this helps Nigel at like fly is good guy very helpful.

Steve Sparkie

flytire: thank you for the eBay links... I think they are as close as I'm gonna get... might try the "jelly cord", since it's relatively inexpensive..

Thanks again... SD :-}

For those who are interested... I found out how to make them in Shane's book "Mayflies, Top to Bottom" in the chapter Tying Extended Bodies... exactly what I was looking for...

Thanks again everybody...

Spokane dude, I just noticed that we happened the same video. Didn't catch it when you posted. These Stalcup ties and his videos of them are phenomenal

More's the pity that Shane never finished the caddis fly book follow on to "Mayflies". Was going to say that looked pretty easy to make, so glad the OP figured it out. Does not really look like it is worth the effort, but always something new to try.

I don't think the method of the fabricated extended body dubbing method shown in Shane's mayfly book is the same material used for the Caddis in the video. But if it works....