Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BigDaddyHub

Sunshine Steel

I think it'll work, if we ever get a chance to get up that way again. I would love to swing this thing through some of the runs near Legion Park and Walnut Creek. If we get up that way this fall, I certainly let ya know. Jamie would lose her mind with an 8lb fresh run hen!

I know what you mean, Karen was just awe struck this past year. We went to Erie for our vacation in late October and she got to see first hand why we do what we do every year. completely changed her attitude about why my brother and I drive 7 hours just to fish. Now she knows and wants to do it to.

She's gonna freak with first big one she hangs into. I tell ya, it gets in your blood. It's the only reason I drive 11 hrs from KY to catch a fish. It's like crack. All it takes is one time!

Definitely a incurable addiction. I am impatiently waiting for this miserable weather to get better so I can get back up there before it is officially over until the fall. I check the situation every day just hoping for some good indicators but so far just cold, cold and more cold. I will be glad when this is all over and Spring is here. I am going stir crazy being cooped up inside.

I would imagine so. It's been miserable here this year. No catastrophic ice storm like we had last year, but miserable just the same. Have you ever fished Crooked? Took a very nice brown from there the last time I fished it.

Well, now, Paul, I didn't see any tattoo on it's ass, but then again, we aren't that close. I just tied her, so we're still in the "friends" stage of our relationship. :lol:

I think this one, in smaller sizes, would work great here on the White/Norfork as

far as catching monster trout. As far as catching me... I like your Blue Steel a

bit better. Both are sweet.

Mike

I'm usually a sucker for yellow, Mike, but I like the Blue Steel version better. I think it's just a visual thing with me, though. I love Tellicos in sizes 14 to 6. Had the Tellico in mind when I tied this one. Gonna tie it on a size 10 and 12 for the mountain trout and hopefully will get a chance to use it in a few weeks.

This one really isn't that large, its an Alec Jackson Steelhead Iron, Size 7. I think it's just about right for aggressive browns in the Cumberland and Paint Rivers.

Very nice! I see the creative bug really bit you! Nice work!

actually tied all of these separately while I posted on the threads. Tied each one in about three minutes each. I would tie one, post it, and tie another, and post it. The green one I did about 15 minutes ago. Figured I had a little green floss and might as well use it! Very easy ties, David.

actually tied all of these separately while I posted on the threads. Tied each one in about three minutes each. I would tie one, post it, and tie another, and post it. The green one I did about 15 minutes ago. Figured I had a little green floss and might as well use it! Very easy ties, David.

The genius is often in the simplicity.