Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Michigan Trout Guy

Ever been laid?

Have you ever had an aquatic insect lay its eggs on you?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This had either never happend to me, or I had never noticed it before. While fishing today, I looked down and saw at least fifty little black caddis flies on each leg of my waders, just above where the water was running around them. I took the opportunity to pick some up and inspect them.

I noticed at the end of their abdomens, round pale green balls. I assumed they were eggs, and it turns out I was right. When I was taking off my waders after I was done, the little green balls were all over them. Has this ever happened to you?

QUOTE (skunked @ May 20 2005, 08:45 PM)
Ya know devil.gif , if you weren't so busy mating w/ caddis', you might be able to wake up on time tongue.gif

dry.gif Damn it boy, are you reading impaired? I didn't even sleep that night. I stayed up all night tying very expensive flies that I didn't even get to use............................................................................................................................an besides, the caddis flies are much easier on the eyes than you are. laugh.gif

Well..........

*dont say it....this ones to easy...the'll expect you to make a smart remark....prove them wrong* unsure.gif

I ahhhh.....

hold back, dont say it......their gonna expect a smalliehunter or skunked joke...be strong, prove them wrong* unsure.gif

I.......yeah, seen it happen.

*there see...now dont you feel good about yourself?*

As long it's only caddis flies doing that on your leg! hysterical.gif

Oh and nope, never happened to me, at least not that I've noticed. whistling1.gif

QUOTE (rougetrout @ May 21 2005, 07:29 AM)
So what you are saying is a little action from the fly is better than none? yahoo.gif

Yeah, i guess you could say that. At least after looking at them I'll have a better idea of how to imitate them.

At least after looking at them I'll have a better idea of how to imitate them.

You better watch your leg Skunked!!! laugh.gif bugeyes.gif

QUOTE (fishinlk @ May 21 2005, 10:53 AM)
At least after looking at them I'll have a better idea of how to imitate them.

You better watch your leg Skunked!!! laugh.gif bugeyes.gif

laugh.gif Well, Skunked is pretty big compared to a size 18 caddis fly. I think I'd be able to imitate him without crawling on his leg.