Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
thedisciple69@hotmail.com

David

Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy a stand that has a "crocodile clip" on a small rod and wooden base for either displaying specimen flies or to use to hold flies that are curing?

I'm sure I've seen them previously on videos

Any help much appreciated

David

Not a wooden base, I have seen this at Hobby Lobby

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Model-Kits/Airbrushes/Black-Alligator-Clip-Base/p/81020666

Black Alligator Clip Base

Painting and gluing small items can be tedious, so try an efficient way! Black Alligator Clip Base is made from black plastic in a rounded rectangle shape. The surface features rows of small and large holes that are meant to hold alligator clip stakes upright. Use the base to secure the stakes in place, and you can paint and glue without any worry of residue getting on your hands!

Dimensions: 

• Length: 5 15/16"
  • Width: 3 15/16"

350Wx350H-2020998-0421-px.jpg

On Amazon, and probably the auction site search

memo clip holder, photo clip holder, place card holder or metal wire alligator clamps.  Pretty cheap, probably not worth making them yourself.  

41-K60ckk32-L-AC.jpg

61hd9-Dbq-D6-L-AC-SL1001.jpg

71-Lbv-C-d-NL-AC-SX679.jpg

51-Xuubz-r0-L-AC.jpg

P

On 2/28/2023 at 9:51 AM, gillage said:

Not a wooden base, I have seen this at Hobby Lobby

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Model-Kits/Airbrushes/Black-Alligator-Clip-Base/p/81020666

Black Alligator Clip Base

Painting and gluing small items can be tedious, so try an efficient way! Black Alligator Clip Base is made from black plastic in a rounded rectangle shape. The surface features rows of small and large holes that are meant to hold alligator clip stakes upright. Use the base to secure the stakes in place, and you can paint and glue without any worry of residue getting on your hands!

Dimensions: 

• Length: 5 15/16"
  • Width: 3 15/16"

350Wx350H-2020998-0421-px.jpg

Thank you much appreciated

D