Fly Tying
Flies & Photos

Your tying bench/area

I'm curious to see what some other's tying benchs / rooms look like. None of my friends fly fish so I have little else to compare it to. I also thought it could be made into a coffee table book. "Fly tying benches of the not so rich or famous" It fly fishing circles it would probably become an instant hit. I'm lucky enough to have a room of my own. I made a deal with the wife when we bought our house, she gets the whole house except for one room. That one's mine. Here are some pictures of it.

PS. The furniture for my bench is the Ivar collection from IKEA. It's cheap and I could stain it to whatever color I wanted. It's modular and can configured in multiple ways. Also, my son's bench is in the left corner.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Nice tying room! Ya have enough lights in there that the infrared on the helicopter might think it's a grow room laugh.gif

Looks like a nice cozy spot to tie!

Here's mine taken about a hr ago.

user posted image

These tupperware boxs hold 90 spools of thread for under $5 headbang.gif

Brent

Mine does not look like it normally does. Yesterday I cleaned up the area. Most of my materials are in the desk drawers along with the black toolbox( my travel kit)

user posted image

Yeah, those lights are for taking pictures of flies. Two or three above, and one on each side. For good pitcures the lighting has got to be sufficient. Hence the gray sheet in the rear for a back drop. headbang.gif