Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DWSmith

Looking for some decent headphones.

I'm definitely not an audiophile but I'd like a decent pair of headphones in the $75 to maybe $150 range with a fairly flat response and decent comfort.  I've been looking at the Audio Technica ATH M40X, Sony 7506, and the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro.  I want something with a low enough impedance (less than 40 ohms) so that my phone, MP3 player, Desktop PC, etc. can drive them.

What do you guys use/recommend?

Thanks.

I use AirPods. Love them. I have no idea what an impedance is nor am I familiar with the brands you mentioned. 

I like shokz a lot for most of what I listen to. I also have a pair of noise cancelling sennheiser headphones that I've had for about 5 years now. Check out the wire cutter for other reviews, that's how I found the sennheisers

I'm not sure of all the specs, but I have owned these here for the past 4 yrs or so now and I really like them. I use them almost every night while watching TV. The sound is good, they hold a charge for a long time (4hrs or so of use on a charge) and they are comfortable. Headphones usually start giving me a headache or make my head/ears sore after awhile, but with these I have to have them on for more than 2-3hrs to start annoying me even in the slightest.

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-WH-CH510-Wireless-Headphones-WHCH510/dp/B07WSKKYPR?th=1