Fly Tying
day5

Twisted Woolybugger swap

The woolybugger is one of the most basic flies tied. Id bet that it was the first fly that many of us learned to tie. Here is my idea 12 of us swap super twisted woolybuggers. Push inovation to the max on this one! Use any material you can think of in any way you can think of as long as the wolly worm or woolybugger look is kept. I think it would be fun to take the old school woolybugger and see what we each of us can dream up. Use things like spinners, rattles, beads, rabbit hair, No cat hair Im allergic, different dubbings, articulating boddies, epoxy, eyes of all types, your mommas toyota, egg foam, extended bodies, dye things, copper pipe, 350 smallblocks, :dunno: diffrent hackles....... Use them all at once. Any takers? We can go 4 or 6 weeks Ill take a concensus. I think Ill tie a double hackl (two colors) tail spinner wolly worm. This aint gonna be your grandpas fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

1 day5 (ME) double hackle spinner tail wolly worm / tri herl bugger

2 CjCalls - recived look sweet!!!!

3 jim7485- MIA?????

4 VARik Big ol bass bugger - Recived Nice ties!!!!

5 Joe Hard Warbird Got em - Great looking flies

6 olb SOMETHING WHACKY- Waiting for the glue to dry!!! :lol:

Here is my fly chartreuse and pink hackle, verrigated truse and white bodieW/ sparkle, pink yarn tail and a tear drop spinner. The spinner blends in with the vise a bit but if you look you can see it. My hope is that the spinner blade will cast a pink flash as it reflects the pink yarn tail.

post-24-1123638383.jpg

Hi guys,

I would love to join this swap.

Only thing that has to be cleared up first is shipping. I live in Germany.

Any way we could work around that problem, swapmeister?

Andy

Im in, I said I was no longer going to do any swaps as the P.O. put the price up. Everthing is going up, so what the hey! Im thinking a warbird varration

I am putting the due date at September 30th and I will call the swap closed on friday aug 19th

All right

I am finally letting my mind get twisted tonight. I'm fixxin to start making some wooly buggers devil.gif I'll post a pic later.

I swore off swaps till winter too but what the hell, who doesn't need more buggers laugh.gif Count me in, I'll come up with something wacky for what to tie

Guest day5

So there is 6 of us Im going to close the swapat that. Here is the deal it is your choice what you want to do you can eather do 6 flies, or 2 sets of 6 (2 different sets) or 12 of the same. It is your call I am going to do 2 sets of 6 the one spinner bugger and maybe a articulating bugger with 2 hooks r something. I have never done a jointed bugger befor so what the heck Ill break out the 30 pound power pro and do some joints. I mean make some joints. I mean twist some joints up. Oh shit.gif MAKE SOME HINGED FLIES!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I'm just getting started in tying again after an attempt over 15 years ago. Would everyone please post pics of their woolly buggers and add them to the database so I can gain a little inspiration?