Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Combo steelie swap

Come on man it is just a few dozen flies!! I know you can use a few mysis and ESLs well who dosent need more ESLs!!

SD,

I need your address to send flies.... or, since I live on Selfridge, I could just meet you somewhere and hand them over (Flymart or something). Let me know.

Friends,

The flies are done and I hope you like and use them; I’ve caught many steelhead with these patters and is the reason I chose to tie them for you. The flies you will receive from me are: Double Egg Sperm Fly (DESF) and the PM Brassie. I have been tying the DESF for many years and therefore cannot credit any one source with the pattern. The PM Brassie, however, was tied using the pattern in “Flies for Steelhead” book coauthored by Dick Stewart and Farrow Allen. I’ve not seen this fly, tied in purple, anywhere else.

I don’t necessarily tie exactly as a pattern calls for but they work. For example, the Double Egg Sperm Fly has less marabou than what most photos call for. I just don’t think that much milt would drift with two eggs. That’s just my opinion and, as mentioned before, they catch fish.

Again, I hope you like and use them; they work for me.

Semper Fi,

Bob Anick

SgtMaj USMC

PS: Happy 230th Birthday fellow Marines, past and present!!!

<_< Ok, you guys that are done already need to get a life, a few kids, maybe a wife, a job, a puppy ....... something! Maybe go fishing!

Do you sleep??? Im guessing no! But thanks for your service anyway! Im glad to know that we have a unstopable sgt major on our side!!!!! :yahoo:

OK, I'm back from duty (TDY) and am tying like a madman for this swap. Just thought I'd check in and let y'all know that I haven't dropped out.

I'm tying blue Crystal Meths for the egg pattern and they are, so far, taking me an average of 8 minutes, 50 seconds per tie. :blink:

Here's hoping that some swiftness comes with practice!

OK, back to the bench....

Steve, I'll take your address any time: The flies should be done tomorrow or the next day.

Cheers!

Gary