Fly Tying
steelie

Uffe's larva #1

Good Day,

This is my "rough draft' version of the larva uffe posted for a challenge.

Certainly there are several things I would like to improve upon when I try again. The back legs came out OK, but I would like to clean them up abit. I will palmer the underbody with a lrger chenille and less tight as well as the latex covering. The hair came out ok... but I would add more. But otherwise, a good experience as a starter for this fly.

Steelie

Holy S#!t, that is super looking, and surely took some time to create. I hope Febfly sees this one, it looks just like the caterpillars he sent me pics of that live in his part of Brazil. And it looks just like the pic Ulf posted as well, nice tying steelie!!!

Graham

My godness Steelie! That's fantastic looking, and as Graham said, you can sure see that it took some time to tie! This really inspired me to start trying to imitate this one myself. Again, great tie my friend!

Uffe

Good Day,

Thanks for the comments!

I don't mean to burst any bubbles, however, it probably took more time to conceptualize how I was going to tie that fly than it took to actualy tie it! Allowing for time for components to dry being set aside, maybe 45 minutes to tie. The hair took the longest. I had to feed it thought the eye of the needle then through the body taking care not to lose control of the material or I would have to start that step again. I will try this one again sometime soon.

Steelie