Fly Tying
Alex C.

Secret Santa Swap

I have this idea for a christmas swap. You can tie your best fly to the best of your ability, tie a dozen, whatever you want. Then I will randomly decide where to send each package. Then on christmas you'll have something under the tree from a mystery person on the site. Number of participants is unlimited, but I will stop new people from joining on December 1st.

I don't want to ruin your idea because it is a good one but I have a question. If your sending the entire package of flies to one person why not have everyone tie 2 patterns, 6 of each? I don't know about you but I really don't have much use for 12 of a single pattern.

I think you might have somethin goin here. Little more refinement and I think I'll be in

Just a thought --- tie a small kit of different flies. nice ones. maybe a dozen could be six. Sounds cool to me let me know what your thinkin OLB

Duckydoty

I think this is a good idea, but would also like to see it be something like sending your 6 favorite flies or something like that. I understand that it can be that anyway by you stating that it can be anything you want.

john

You could even throw in a few extra materials with the flies or something, and then that gets distributed with the flies as well. A grab bag of sorts.

Just a thought!

I know it's really cool when I get flies in a swap and the senders include a little something extra with the flies! makes it, "Just like Christmas"!!

SOunds good guys. You can tie your 6 favorite, your 6 best, or to be fair to anyone who might want to tie full dressed atlantics or realistics, etc. they could tie one or 2 or if they were really giving 6. This is all about giving and it's the thought that counts.

So 6 of my fav In any combo Ok Ill bite sounds good!! Maybe a fly box to!! Hmm Ill have to see what I can find! we will see And we are not announcing what we are sending right? it is a secret ?

Yeah keep what you tie a secret. I'll post pics of all the flys after they've all been recieved. You won't know which set you're getting till you open them up on X-mas.

This swap has no limit of participants, I would like to have all flys by 12-1 to give me time to photograph them,, and get them sent out. If there are any international/canadian guys in on it I will make sure they get to you by X-mas.