Fly Tying

Rod Auction #2 - Fund Raising Rod Build

The 2nd rod up for auction has been generously donated by Bob(OSD).

9 ft 8 wt

The Forecast blank is a deep blue graphite with a moderate to moderate fast action. It features a 7 1/2" long cork grip, a 3 inch fighting butt with Red White and Blue accents, Struble up locking reel seat with a black walnut insert.

Bob has named the rod "The Captain America" and I must say that I personally fell in love with this rod when it arrived the other day, it is certainly unlike any rod that I have ever seen.

For those who may not know Bob is the guy who got rod building started on this site which started out as just one forum on this site. His great step by step tutorials helped many members of this site build their first rod. As his section became more popular it branched out to it's own website now known as RBF.

You should know that if your getting a rod from Bob you are getting the highest quality and this rod certainly top notch.

The bidding will start at $25 and bids will be accepted until Tuesday, Nov 22nd 9:00 PM EST. Please post a reply with your bid amount. Good luck and happy bidding!!!

Here's a few pics and you can see each step of Bob building this rod here: http://www.rodbuildingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6819

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just to tell you guys. I saw this rod when I was over at Bobs back in September and I have to say, it is one of the coolest rods I have ever seen. Really a one of a kind piece. Whoever wins this one will have something no one else has :headbang: :headbang:

GONE!

Graham is yet again the lucky winner of this beautiful rod. You are really gonna love this rod, I hate to ship it off!!! LOL!

Thanks to Bob for not only donating this rod but coming up with the idea of these auctions and rallying the support of the members of RBF. Your a good man, Bob :)

Congrads Graham

I'm sure you will be happy with this Fly Rod too

You won't see another one like it anywhere (them Browns don't stand a chance) :)

Bob

Hi Bob,

I love this original and creative fly rod and just can't wait to hold it and cast it. One of these days I'll be in MI and there will be tales of Captain America taming the fish...lol.. The rod, not me..lol..

Thanks Buddy, I appreciate the time and effort that went into this one of a kind fly rod,

Graham

Dam I got kicked off the computer for a bit and...........shucks. You have fun with it Graham, Its going to a good home and staying in Americia.