Fly Tying
CapeBSalar

Well I had to Quit Smoking!

Eight months for me today. Surprisingly, I still get the urge to light up... but haven't. :yahoo:

Mike

Damian, just think of it this way: Eack pack of smokes you don't buy, IS a pack of diapers you CAN buy. Don't forget- stock up now before the rush hits(Diapers, wipes, bibs, and loads of receiving blankets). The dollar store is a Godsend, let me tell ya!! Congrats by the way. OH YEAH!! Where have you hid all the bodies in the past few months??? LOL, Jamie

LOL Jamie!!!!

I'll never tell! Nah, the worst freak out I had was the other day at work, wasn't that bad, one of the employee's was really bugging the hell outta me and I told her she needed a plastic bubble around her desk filled with toxic fumes. other than that I've been fine. No dead bodies, I'm doing ok!

LOL!

Yup, starting this grocery bill we are putting a pack of newborn's on it. Got 2.5 months to go! Mommy is doing great!

cheers!

I'm glad to hear your still doin' good Damian, I know how hard it can be. I'm back at it again myself and workin on day 3 :wallbash: :wallbash: hang in there bud, 90 days is just around the corner for ya :headbang:

IF YOU CAN MAKE IT PAST A MONTH YOU WILL BE IN THE CLEAR

and truthfully the nicotine is out of your system in 24-48 hours, and you body doesn't need it after a week, it is the metal addiction that suckes everyone back in. thats just the medical facts.... All the damn chemicals they cram in those bastards don't have anything to do with addiction though :blink: :blink:

I agree 100% polock. I've always heard that it only takes 48hrs for all the nicotine to get out of your system. After that it's all in your head. The mental aspect is by far the hardest for me though.....I almost broke down at the store today and bought a pack but I changed my mind at the last minute :unsure: goin' on 4 days.

I'm a weeeeee bit mean today though :hyst: :hyst:

I only took my "meanness" out on my employee's a couple times over the past month or so.....they understand. I've actually inspired a few to try and quit themselves.

I'm challenging them to quit. Not only is it good for them and their pocket book it's an increase in productivity for me. The average smoker wastes about 30 minutes or more a day in extra smoke breaks during an 8 hour shift than a non -smoker.

I know that when I smoke I was outside more than i was at my desk.

I get more done and I don't have to stand out in the friggin snow and rain anymore.

Winter is the best time to quit when you live in a northern climate.

Hang in there Steve.

Well what can I say to you guys that are trying and succeeding in kicking the habit. Makes me feel that maybe i should join this merry clan of a support group. Have been thinking about it for a long time...but you guys know how it is........:headbang:

Stopped once for 4 years and pressure from the kids etc got me back into the habit again. Your getting me thinking guys....... :o :o

hey Guys,

Just wanted to update the post, Still off the smokes. It's the 21st today so it's been since November when I quit. Nov. 17th I think. Still hanging in there even with all the stuff going on in my life right now, I'm managing to hold it together.

Thanks again for the moral support