Fly Tying
Graham

Amazing Russian realistic tyers and flies

Good Day,

Looks like Vladamir Markov has some great fellow tiers in Russia.

Also, I use an internet translator to "read" non-english sites. Never know what you might learn!

Steelie

Sorry Mozes,

No offence meant at all............. :blink: ...........I was just saying that I have never seen a russian tied fly............... :P

Mike.................... B)

Good Day,

Gregg, I do! Use a decent translator program and communication will be very clear. I use them all the time to talk to other tier around the world with whom i might not otherwise be able share.... love technology!

Steelie

I agree about welcoming new members. Some of the Russian tyers live in various other countries and also speak English. I communicate often with one tyer, via ICQ chat, who showed me the link above this morning.

I dont care if I can understand them or not those ties are execellent. Just kidding it would be nice to be able to read/ talk in all sorts of languages. Thanks for sharring Graham. By the way I was doing a google search and saw a fly and sure enough it was one of yours. Saw your tadpole in the latest issue of Canadian Fly Fisher. Keep this up and you just might have to retire and fish and tie! Keep having fun

I'll have to check into that Steelie, it would be cool to talk to other folks in other countries. I'm sometimes hesitant chatting with foreigners that do speak English because the way we say things here may not mean the same thing over there, and I dont want to offend anyone. Heck, even the meanings of things from the east coast where my wife if from dont mean the same thing out west. We still argue over things I say just because she thinks I mean something else. Plus she is a psychologist, so I never win.

Hey,

Have you guys noticed just how many winners we have in the fly tying contest who are NOT from the USA. I think it's great.

If the world leaders spent more time together fly fishing and fly tying, we may have a better world future.

Face it, i'm too old and too fat to every compete in the world games and olympics. But I can enter a world championship like the Fly tying contest. Even when I did not bring home the Gold ,(I didn't even bring home the honorable mention), I was able try with the best of them.

My 2 cents

Conehead