Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Smith

Greetings from Michigan

Hello,

Sorry it took so long to post an intro. I've been lurking here for a little while and never noticed this intro forum before. Anyway, my name is Mike and I live in Cadillac, Michigan. I'm just learning to fly fish and tie my own flies and have found a wealth of great info here. Previously I lived in Grand Haven, Michigan for 10 years where I fished on Lake Michigan for Browns, steelhead and salmon. Maintaining a boat and fighting the weather got to be a hassle, so I'm making the move to fly fishing.

Thanks!

Mike

Welcome Mike, you'll find a TON of us Michigan guys here so theres never a shortage of fishing friends to hook up with on the water being a member here :)

I live on the east side myself (just N of Detroit) but fish over that way on the PM many times each season. Enjoy the site.

SD

Welcome, Mike

I hear ya on the work involved with dragging baits on the big water. Just hope you can break yourself from hitting the water at 4am...lol

I still go out there a few times a year, but mostly for the meat.

Enjoy your move to the dark side :headbang:

Welcome aboard. You gotta watch these guys. They get a mental picture of what THEY think you SHOULD look like, and when you finally meet them, they get all bent out of shape because the world didn't go there way and you never here the end of it. And don't let them get ahold of a picture of you or they'll make you look like the picture in thier minds-eye wether you like it or not..... :blink:

:hyst:

Welcome Mike....from another Mike....there are a few of us in here.......... :blink:

I agree with Redleg.................do not let some of these guys get a hold of a pic of you.................................you never know what they will do with it......... :ph34r: :blink:

Anyway as I said welcome and you will get all the help you need from this forum.

Mike................... B)

Mike don't listen to these clowns... They are the ones who start all the trouble :whistle: :hyst:

Welcome to the forums buddy.

-Sam

Welcome Mike. You're right up in my stomping grounds. I go NE of Manton in the state forest and do my best to annoy the brookies in the Morrissy, Golden, Chase Creeks, amoung others. Usually stay at the abandoned Chase Creek campground or the Baxter Bridge campground.

Might run into you one of these days.