Fly Tying
backstroker

Beginner swap?

Brian,

As I told Backstroker,Im more than partially "Brain Dead"!

Flies will go out this week sometime( If I can Remember how to open the door...SHEESH!)

Bill

FYI, I'll be tying Craven's UV jujubaetis. Check out the receipe on www.charliesflybox.com

Sean(srfrsean) :headbang:

After many long night pondering what to tie, I think I will do a Beadhead flashaboo minnow pattern.

*****WE"RE FULL!***** :ban: :ban: :ban:

Lets make the Due Date on April 15th. Be sure to place "toe tags" on all flies and mail then in a small box inside an envelope (I use an Altoids Tin). Include an envelope with return postage. Mail to arrive by 4/15/06. I will be posting on the original post (#2) when flies arrive and then will let everyone know when they ship back out to y'all.

Brian Miller - Swapmister

605 Esther Blvd.

Bryan, TX 77802-1814

SM - Universal Nymph sz. 12

1. backstroker - Foam Beatle sz 10

2. Blues Brother - Terrestial?

3. brian l - Mikey Fin

4. EKroth - Wet Fly

5. srfrsean - Craven's UV jujubaetis

6. majestyja - Tiger Midge sz 18

7. bdesavage - TBD

8. Light Keeper - Stop Light

9. RossP - TBD

10. Professorbrook - Mikey Fin or Dry Fly

11. broadcj - PTN

12. RossP - Beadhead Flashaboo Minnow

:D Sent 'em off on Monday. I got them tied in time to go on vacation, and sent 'em off from Siesta Key in Sarasota, FL. B) Hope everything is fine with all of you. See you in a couple.

Oops :huh: looks like I am down for two. Dunno what happened but thats alright, just gives me an excuse to tie more flies and perfect my method. I guess for my second fly I will do some kind of Czech Nymph. Don't know what one yet as I have to check and see what colors of dubbing I have on hand.

So I guess that puts me at half way done. as soon as I finish the Czech Nymphs I will be taking a trip across the border to mail them, ( don't trust cacnada post to get them there on time ;) )

Brian, I sent my tiger midges today. However the more I think about the transaction with the lady at the ups store, I am a little worried that she was clueless on what I asked her to do. If something happens to my fly box I will re-ty the midges! :dunno: let me know :headbang: :headbang:

Jeff (majestyja)

No problem I will do two flies, I enjoy tying and this gives me an excuse to tie more flies and expand the types of flies that I can tie. Need to further my knowledge and this is a good way to do it. The first 4 or 5 I tie end up in my box, by then I have got the pattern down to not bad and then after I am finished tying for the swap I can compare the first ones with the last ones and end up stripping the firt ones and retying them for myself. I love the learning curve involved with tying new flies and using new materials.

RossP,

I have been tying for several years (3 or 4, I can't remember) and do the same thing when I tye a new pattern for a swap. Only, I don't strip the first ones down as most bluegill don't take a close look at the bad fly. ;)

Brian