Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Carry a kit on the water?

I am glad you guys thing it's funny. I told one of my fishing buddies, and he agreed that is what happens to me when I am on the water. Am I the only one who can snag, tangle and drop? At times I have had 45 minutes pass by and still not dip a fly.

I say to my self, I should have stayed home and tied flies. One thing about tying at the bench, In my mind every fly is fished perfectly and every fly catches a trophy. Another reason I don't tie on the water, reality; reality that the fly I just tied to match the hatch is a dud.

Conehead

Myself, I take my travel kit with me most of the time when I go fishing. I have found that at certain times during the day pounding the water is useless so I go back to my truck, eat my lunch and tie up some flies. It's more or less a tool to pass the time in between action. When I'm on a boat though, I always carry it with me. You can come up with some off the wall flies to troll with at that time and give them a little more sparkle for that extra edge if water conditions are not what you perceived them to be prior to your arrival to the lake.

Ashby