Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alex C.

SCULPIN SWAP

Well here we go, a Sculpin swap. For those of you that don't know what sculpins are, they are a species of baitfish that big trout just love to eat for dinner.

Rules are simple

-all FTF rules apply

-all flys must be in my hands by May 20th, 2006. Any flies that arrive after the due date will be returned to the tier, and each particiapant will get their extra flies back that would have went to the late sender

-10 swappers including myself only please

-hook size doesn't matter as long as the overall length of the fly is between 2.5"-3.750"

1.) OLB- Woolly Sculpin variation

2.) Redwings1

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

I'm game! I could use a bunch of good Sclupin patterns. I have a feeling that the Cumberland River Browns and 'Bows would be suckers for a good Sculpin pattern. Not to mention I'd love to see if the Smallies down here in Kentucky have Sculpins on the menu.

I've been on a deer-hair kick recently so i'll tie up some #2 Twin-Tail Madonnas. Probably Olive.

Heck, the Twin-Tail Madonna can double as a convincing Crawfish Pattern, too.

I'm planning on adding lead wrappings on the hook shank (20 wraps to be exact). If anyone doesn't want the lead wrappings or needs a lead substitute, just let me know.

I dont have any sculpin patterns in any of my books :angry: but if I can find any I will let ya know and join if there is still time.

Looking good so far guys, we only need 4 more and we're full

2.) Redwings1

3.) luvinbluegills

4.) steel45

5.) dafack01

6.) atroutbum2

7.)

8.)

9.)

10.)

Does a muddler minnow count as a sculpin? :dunno:

The Muddler Minnow was designed as a sculpin pattern to fool the moster Coaster Brook Trout of the Nipigon River.

Heck, anything with a spun deer hair head is considered a Muddler (kinda like the word "bugger" is used to classify just about anything with that resembles a Woolly Bugger). Tie a muddler head add anything you want to the body. Rabbit strips, marabou, a woolly bugger body, a matuka body, or any other streamer body.

2.) Redwings1

3.) luvinbluegills

4.) steel45

5.) dafack01

6.) atroutbum2

7.) fly time

8.)

9.)

10.)

ONLY 3 MORE SPOTS