Fly Tying

Hatches Magazine: Bunny Leech

I have never tried tying with rabbit strips, after checking out your bunny leech I am going to have to try. Ever since Wickedcarpenter turned me on to this site, my bank account has slowly shrank. Thanks alot you flytying freaks.

I know what you mean. This site rocks, but has me buying more than I thought I ever would.

I will be tying up some of these, following the awesome instructions. I only have beads for the head, but they'll do!

Rabbit is sweet, it does a lot of the presentation work for you! Good write up and fantastic shots!

Very cool article and fly Smallie. Thanks for the write-up. Yesterday I tied some chartreuse leeches with estaz substituted for the dubbing. Bronzebacks, here I come. :D

~Bryce

these are afew of the patterns that I tye for salmon,browns and bows.I have been using and tying leech patterns for a number of years.love the action they give in the water.IPB Image

Hey thanks for the article. I tied up my first rabbit leech after reading the article. i haven't fished it yet, but I think it's gonna be a good one.

I've tied up a half dozen or so of these this weekend. Lotsa fun! Plus I put a weed guard on 'em. I just know I'll be glad that I did.

I did do some out of crosscut fur, because that's all I have in purple and olive in for now. It wraps way easier, but I can tell already that the fur won't have the same life.

Thanks again for the article.

the crosscut fur wil give you lot's of action in the water.don't be fooled because it lay's nicely.

abbra,

I have fished flies done both ways alot. Yes, the crosscut will give some action but it is no where near the action you can get out of straight cut strips.

Do you have, or do you know where I can find, some detailed instructions

on how to tie articulated body bunny leaches? When tied with barbell eyes

in black the uglier they are the better they seem to work. We use them to

chase the big fall Rainbows here in Alaska. Thanks

In step 8, when it says " Secure the strip with several wraps of thread. By wrapping over the trimmed excess it will slide inside the cone head, helping to secure it in place.", do mean just at the "excess edge" or all the way back to the bend and then forward again?

Thanks....still learnin'

Shawn