Fly Tying

I will submit 6 predators and either 6 bullies, 6 mackie bugs, or 6 hum bugs, havent decided yet.

And yes matt I will just pull them out of my "stock" box.

My bluegill box this year was a godsend. I am a flybox fanatic, but always on the outlook for the perfect box. My bluegill flies always present a unique problem, I have way to many different patterns. This year I took a plano box, the type with the compartments, and one open side that took up about a 1/3 of the box. I put flies with hackles and rubber legs that I did not want to get kinked up in the compartments. In the open side I put a piece of ripple foam. On that I stored my RFSN, humbugs, mackies, foxee clousers, etc. IT worked out fantastic.

As far as pulling from my fly box for the swap, yeah I will be doing that, but only because I still have about 18 of each pattern that I tied for this spring left in my box. These flies will be unfished and definitely not have any mono still attached. :devil: (that was for day5)

You mean sage8wt Freakin mono boy!!!

Sam...I would go for rubber legs...Maybe tarantu-legs, that style of rubber leg. Even though your JPN legs make the pattern look more spider-like you might want to consider some leg "movement." Just my 2 cents worth. Either way will work!

Thom

Sam have you seen centipede legs ??? :headbang: ridderbos knows where to get them?? Chris helms maybe!!

I am going to do the red fox squirrel tail nymph!!!

Swapers flies update:

SM-Harleyhunter......Whillock Spider (one in my avatar) & Panfish Blaster

1-sniksoh............... black cricket & grasshopper

2-ridderbos3...........6 predators and either 6 bullies, 6 mackie bugs, or 6 hum bugs,

3-day5....................red fox squirrel tail nymph & damsel

4-2PawsRiver

5-nomad.................foam beetle & pussbug

6-SullyTM................Gill Buster Gurgler & Orange Tag Special

Deadline: July 5th

This is going to be sweet!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I've seen them D5. I actually have very thin white rubber legs that I color to suit... ;)

I will give one a try with the rubber legs and see how it looks with the joints bent and take it from there.

I finally remembered who tied the damsel nymph that I am doing it was longears I do not normally do other peoples flies but this bad boy is killer!!! so Im giving him his due: Killer fly longears!!! :headbang:

Pretty cool buddy.

I'm sorry I won't be able to post photos of the flies guys. My digital is acting up and needs to be sent to be repaired as soon as I have the extra cash.

Sorry again fellas.

-Sam

Sam...I'll post photos of all the swap flies when I get them(unless day5 was going to do it?) Also, I think if any of us catch fish with these Swap flies we need to post the results!

Later...Thom

Sound cool to me Thom! :)

I finished tying the 6 Panfish Blasters last night. I used tan foam and orange rubber legs with dark sparkles in them. This one was doing well for me last sunday on the gills.

Maybe this weekend I will start on the Whillock spiders.

-Sam

Hey Sam,

Can I get an address to get these to you? I will throw in some extra flies out of my top box!

Glad to see them coming along fast!!! I'll keep an eye out Thom!

PM sent ribberbos3! And thanks for the extras. I will sort them all out and send them on there way as soon as all is recieved.

Deadline: July 5th.

-Sam

Im sending 3 patterns I had a guy not pay me on ebay so Ill send his flies too. they are waxie flies. I need a addy Im almost done. John did you ship already??? want to send them together???