Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Hard

White balance

Interesting article.

And jeesh! $200+ for those cool-looking housings. I'm sure they're difficult to engineer and construct, and they don't sell many so the price is probably about right, but wow.... you could buy a spare camera for that.

I never even oppend the link to the watetrproof casses. Thats a lot, they might drop in future. There should be some real cool camera's out in a year or two.

Interesting article.

And jeesh! $200+ for those cool-looking housings. I'm sure they're difficult to engineer and construct, and they don't sell many so the price is probably about right, but wow.... you could buy a spare camera for that.

Believe it or not, we're in price heaven compared to what this stuff used to cost. When I was doing a lot of skin diving back in the 70s, I looked into buying a housing, and the price was staggering. It wouldn't have cost much more to buy a Nikonos camera, which was state of the art back then. (It might have been the only submersible camera available at the time - I don't remember any others) Most of that underwater stuff was way beyond the reach of hobbyists, as were quality cameras. When I bought my Pentax 6X7 in 1981, I actually had to take out a loan - the camera was more expensive than most of the cars I'd owned up to that point.