Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Alex C.

MS Excel Question

You have a job that requires frequent use of Excel, but have no Excel experience?

I have some, I can fill in the little boxes :whistle: It's a lab job, basicly the same thing I was doing before, but before we had it all set up so we could just use the same "template" over and over to record data, we never had to actually "use" the program.

Here's a hint for ya......if you've never had to actually use the program, that means that you have no real experience with it. ;)

Good luck.

Maybe he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night :hyst:

Hey OLB.....

It's not really a hard program to learn. Take your time apply what you require and investigate problems. I doubt that your application will involve querries and such so if - and or - are not relevant.

Too right the program is very big and very powerful. A somewhat computer literate person can navigate Excel without much problem. The function wizard will help with formulas - so don't worry there.

If there is a file system of similar information at your site - you need only open a previous file and change the info. Accept all of the formulas and headings that are appropriate. Change the date and such and you are on your way.

Be careful with the print function. Each spreadsheet is 999 pages long. The column size is huge as well. When printing - use the print preview function and you will be cool.

later

Fred

Yep, used it a lot in college and took 3 - 3hr classes on the program. Not bad - don't worry yourself into a tizzy. File - open.

If there is a file system of similar information at your site - you need only open a previous file and change the info. Accept all of the formulas and headings that are appropriate. Change the date and such and you are on your way.

Yeah thats one of the things I had planned on doing. I still want to learn as much as I can about it though, ya never know when it might come in handy.

Here's a hint for ya......if you've never had to actually use the program, that means that you have no real experience with it. ;)

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

I bet it was express but I don't think the Holiday Inn. :blink: