Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fly time

Coachman swap

Pickin6 I got yours, very nice ties bro, but Don beat ya, how I dont know, but you will get extras, cause Don said he dosnt need em.

Don, the "mystery box" swap was based on swappers sorting thru their flies and sending them to the swapmeister, who sent the box to a swapper who then took a few flies, and then added more flies to the mystery box and then sent the mystery box to the next swapper on the list. The swapper list had all the names and addresses listed to determine the mailing order. It started out with each tyer sending 15 or 20 flies to the swap meister at startup, then each tyer would add more flies to the mstery box when it arrived at his. place. The main key was each tyer needed to quickly go thru the flies, and add to the mystery box, adding the same amount o f flies that were taken out. The swap would last as long as the box was added to and passed on promptly.

Have a good one

Pat carroll

Pat,

Don, the "mystery box" swap was based on swappers sorting thru their flies and sending them to the swapmeister, who sent the box to a swapper who then took a few flies, and then added more flies to the mystery box and then sent the mystery box to the next swapper on the list.

So Pat, you were thinking I should start a 'Mystery Box Swap' with all those extra flies? At least someone might fish with them.

Don

Its a good way to swap flies with other tyers on a regular basis and if the swappers don't take too long passing the 'Mystery box" to the next person in line, the box can make its way around. Its was nice getting flies from other tyers. Each fly was tagged and it didn't matter what type of fly was put in the box. The idea was to put about 15 flies in the box each time you received it and take out the same amount , and pass on to the next person. There were 10 tyers in the original swap.

I'd be interested if you want to give it a shot.

Hve a good one

Pat Carroll

My flies were mailed out today, hopefully you have them by the weekend.

Have a good one

Pat carroll