Fly Tying
Linesides

Blonde Swap

This is a great pattern. I carry a book of blondes ties on 1/0 and 3/0 salmon irons for big fish opporuntities. I'll be happy to play in this swap, let me know when it's back on.

Joe C.

Ok the blonde swap is back up and running. Let me know who is in or out. I will update via the first page. If I miss you leave me a message. Looking for the first 8 tiers, 10 if we can get it. Due date will be 15 Jan 07 that way no pressure thru the holidays.

Dave

We can go with the folks we have and tie up 4 flies each. Should be a quick turn around. But it is closing as Dec 1 so if anyone else wants in now is the time to do it. These are easier to tie than a Mickey Finn.

All you need is bucktail or a equivalent and mylay or tinsel for the body.

Hey guys:

Dumb question, but I've been travelling a lot for work and have had sporadic - at best- opportunity to participate in the forums. I just remembered this swap and came looking for an update. Was I counted in or out on this one? Sorry to sound like such a dumb-a** but I've really been overwhelmed. I've got time coming up at the vice, so if I'm in that's way cool. I can get them tied this weekend. Thanks.

Joe C.

Am about to start tying for this swap -- will go with chartreuse for the green in the Irish Blonde, both because that's the only long green deer tail hair I have and because I like charteuse for stripers.

Bill

Long deer hair is getting hard to find, thats why I am switching over as my stock runs out to yak. I can get that in 14" lengths.

Gray Squirrel:

I'm not familiar with yak hair as a tying material. Is that real yak or "faux yak?" If it's from the animal, is it tail hair, or from another part of the hide?

Thanks,

Bill

Just a reminder 3 weeks till the due date

Billb it is from the sides of the animal I think.

1) BillB (recieved)

3) Big Todd (inbound)

4) FasterFish

5) Cornmuse (recieved)

and myself (recieved)

Tie up 4 each and these will have a fast turn around.

And to eliminate the any problem I will extend a 1 week grace period to my door.

Then they ship and all late shippers are told to either not send them or

I will return your flies to you.

Fair enough!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all