Fly Tying
Linesides

Blonde Swap

Gray Squirrel:

Mine are done, too. Please PM me your address. I'll try to figure out how to post a photo of them.

Bill

Thanks for the extra flies from both of you. Bill your epoxy work is nice on the Pop Schoolies.

Corn Muse where did you get the tiny spinner blade setup? I would like to order some of those.

Also great local outdoor paper in the packet. I enjoyed the story by John T a lot.

Dave

Dave: You're welcome for the extra flies. Thanks for the kind words about the epoxy work. I'm putting together a much larger and sturdier rotating fly drier to make tying with epoxy easier, and will get back to using epoxy after I've forgotten what a pain it has been learning to work with it.

Bill

Got your flies Big Todd. Wicked bright chartreuse, I have never seen any that bright.

Thanks for the extras also.

Waiting on Faster Fish which are inbound I think, we could get these out before the due date!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linesides,

Just so you know that chartruese hair came from Cabelas. It was in a deer hair grab bag, just random colors and pieces of deer hair.

BIG TODD

I just wanted to let you guys know this little swap inspired me. I've tied every named Blonde in a presentation grade and I'll be tying Blondes, Mara-Blondes and Stacked Blondes at the NCFF Fly Tying Show in Cleveland this weekend. I've also written a comprehensive article about the fly pattern (over 3,000 words on a fly with two materials :dunno: ) and I'm beginning the process of photographing flies and tying steps.

Can't wait to see what the mailman brings :headbang:

Tight lines and soft water...

Joe C.

Well, since I've gone far beyond the depth any print magazine will ever consider, it looks like I'll publish it to Fly Fish Ohio.

I'll do a step-by-step sidebar article about the Stacked Blonde and another step-by-step sidebar article about the Mara-Blonde. I may also do a video on the traditional tie. I'm really amazed at: a) how many world records have been taken on Blondes such as Brown Trout (more than 24lbs), Striped Bass (over 30lbs), Karakawa (whatever the hell that is), tarpon, etc... By my best estimation this pattern - the Platinum in particular - has accounted for more than half a dozen fly fishing world records, and B) it has inspired a ton of well-known and classic flies from the Deceiver to the Clouser to the Surf Candy to Tom Nixon's Serpent bass fly. Amazing...

Look for the finished article sometime around the end of the month.

Joe C.