Fly Tying
Graham

Bird Photography

This is Dash, my wife's Anna's Hummingbird. This guy has been with us now for 9 months and will let us get right up on him. The really close picture of him was taken from about 2 feet away, and he just let me do it. All of these are from today. Hope you like them.

Ashby

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Here is a Mallard I got a shot of today. He kept on turning so I couldn't get a picture of him, but I finally got it. Once my new lens gets in, I'll be able to get out there and really get some good bird shots. My 70-300mm lens comes in either tomorrow or the next day.

Ashby

IPB Image

Thanks Jim, yeah this camera is a hoot. I can't wait until I know it like the back of my hand, then I'll be ready to rock.

Ashby

Great shots Ashby..Looks like the new camera is in good use all ready..

Here are a few pictures from today. The hummingbird again (love the little guy) and a couple song birds. Taking pictures of birds may look nice, but man it's a lot of work especially when you are new behind one of these camera. Anyway, here they are.

Ashby

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I was going through some old photos of mine last night and found this one. It's a Great Blue Heron sunning itself. The quality of the photo isn't very good but I thought I'd share it with you guys.

IPB Image

That's a pretty awesome shot of the Blue Heron. I keep trying to get a shot of them and the Hawks but (must be my uglyness) they hall butt every time they see me. Must be stealthier :ph34r:

Ashby

Heres a shot I took a couple of days ago of a swan. Still only playing with the new toy but if you have thoughts on the shot I would love to hear them

Cheers

Keith

OOOPS for some reason (probably me) the attachment didnt go into the post sorry.

post-9756-1203286169_thumb.jpg

Heres a shot I took a couple of days ago of a swan. Still only playing with the new toy but if you have thoughts on the shot I would love to hear them

Cheers

Keith

Finally had a nice day to get out and shoot some pics with the new camera, so here are a few from this evening. The last two are 100% crops. The geese are pretty used to people being around so I could get a lot closer to them and didn't have to crop so much. Did I already say that I need a bigger lens? :dunno: :D

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Looks like a mountain chickadee. They're different than the chickadees we have here in NE, but I remember seeing the mountain variety when we lived in Idaho. Nice shot.