Fly Tying
stony

Ice Fishing Swap

My Pike Swap is almost finished and after that, I want to start an ice fishing swap.

Any interest on this one?

Not yet on the due date. I have to wait for the pike swap to be completed before I can get this one started officially.

I am going to imagine though that the due date will be in late november or early december.

Currently interested people are:

Mako

Green Acres

Daup

Worstcaster

Mainly smaller #10 - #14. Here are some pictures of some I have tied.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I also found these ones.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mainly, they are just simple weighted jigs. Glow in the dark features are a plus.

Ok, my pike swap is almost wrapped up. Is anybody else interested? We have 5 already, I would like to have about 8-10 in it.

Stony

Mako

Green Acres

Daup

Worstcaster

I will give this a try,

I am new to fly swaps, so feel free to explain things to me :rolleyes:

But we all have to start someplace.

I will be tying on like this, except it will be green and the center part of body will glow in the dark.

Bunny

post-5187-1161286483_thumb.jpg

Cool Bunny. The swaps are pretty easy. For example, if the people below were all that was in this swap, there would be a total of 6 swappers. That means you have to tie a total of 5 of the same flies. One for everybody in the swap, excluding yourself.

After you finish tying them (before the deadline of course), you send them to the SwapMeister (the one organizing the swap). Include the flies, something on the hook that says who tied it, and a postage paid return envelope. Once the Swap Meister receives all of the flies from everybody, he will seperate them out so that everybody gets one each. Then the Swap Meister sends them all back out.

It's fun, it's easy, and it's a great way to increase your fly collection and learn how other people tie at the same time.

I hope this helps.

Stony

Mako

Green Acres

Daup

Worstcaster

bunny

Stony,

I'll get in on this one if you still have spots open.

Never done any ice fishin' but I need to start now that I live in Montana.

This will be an educational swap for me.

TODD

I actually thought there would be way more in this one but I was wrong. I thought we would also have way more in the egg/scud swap but again, I was wrong.

As soon as the egg/scud swap is over, I will start this one back up "officially". I don't think I can host two swaps at a time. If you would like to go ahead and start tying, feel free and then I can PM you the addy when you are ready.

We can make this one for January 5th as the deadline. If we get them in before, even better.

Man, I really want to do this one. Ice jigs are fun and very easy to tie. Quick also.

Stony

Mako

Green Acres

Daup

Worstcaster

bunny

Big Todd

The key to the ice jigs is weight. It's not just a simple nymph. They need to be heavy in order for them to drop quickly.