Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
newfie

Did the fly fishing forum get hacked?

My site got hacked too at one point. It included a redirect to a hacking club site.

These people just try to exploit known holes in the software prior to a patch. They have contests of sorts to say, I hacked 47 sites tonight; well I hacked 54 sites.

Rarely are they fatal hacks, it's just a small thing they do.

You need to be very very careful when thinking about retaliation. It's that age old adage of "you mess with me, you mess with my whole family".

TFF will be just fine. If they do daily back-ups, only a few posts will be lost. If you start retaliating on these dorks, they will come onto the site in droves. No telling what you could lose then.

Leave well enough alone is my take on this.

not going to mess with them. they have the ability to erase this site pretty much, but there was talk of letting their internet provide whats going on, with the profile we may be able to get the ip adress, which alot of the members there have listed :huh:

No Fly Time don't censor yourself tell us how you really feel.

I just don't see the upside, how does this guy plan to make any money doing this?

OK Sean, I would like to spit in his face, pull his shirt over his head, and kick him square in what little tiny balls he may have, then chop his leggs off, set his house on fire and shoot at him with my deer rifle as he drags his bloody stumps out!!! AAAAHHHHHH I feel better now, now time to possie up and ride boys!!!

Sincerely Dustin.

ill talk with my computer genius friend and my computer repair teacher they both know how to hack but they use it for good not evil so ill see what we can do to get back at them :devil:

I agree with Stony, nothing would be gained by "getting back" at them except a lot of headaches. I don't feel like spending my time and energy playing games with those yahoos.

im with brewer on this, they prob know exactaly what to do that wont get worse hack attacks coming our way, i like everyone elses ideas though

hehe i got a friend whos like hard core hacker. he was on some site that has levels you have to hack through, he couldnt do one of the levels so he just hacked it to get to the next level. hes also kind of a coward at storing his illegal music downloads. he didnt want them on his puter so he found a deserted server in Africa with nothing stored on it and put all his music on it... or so he says. ive been thinking about starting a little just funny stuff though nothing stupid like this. and dustin it would be more fun to shoot him with a .22, something about the 50 round clips you can get nowadays and being mostly pain not so much just keeling over. :headbang: i was kinda wondering what the deal was yesterday when i tried to get on there though.