Fly Tying
Crotalus

Looking for hook boxes....

Does anyone know where i can find hook boxes like the 2 in the picture?

I want single opening lids, i dont like the boxes where the entire lid opens and you have several compartments exposed.

I bought these at Cabelas but they have stopped carrying them.

Thanks

post-1597-1163556927_thumb.jpg

Crotalus

I can't find an exact match. I have many similar ones. The only difference is that they have the days

of the week printed on each compartment. All those are is clear pill boxes. If you can make due with

the printing on top of the compartments, just go to your local pharmacy and pick some up.

regards

-Tom

Ive seen similar boxes in the local sportsman warehouse, and some at the local flyshops. Most of the ones ive seen have the rounded bottom to make it easier to get the hooks out. The weekly pill boxes ive seen dont have that feature.

Crotalus - I have a set of plastic boxes that look very similar to those. My wife picked them up from JoAnn Fabrics. They were in the craft/bead section and came in a set of 5 boxes in a nice little zip-up bag. Each box has 14 compartments with rounded bottoms and separate locking lids for each compartment. The are called "Craft Mates". I'd post a picture, but the batteries on my camera are currently dead.

Hope this helps.

I just checked on JoAnns website and they have a range of these organizers for beads and jewelry. I also did a quick search on E-bay (search for "Craft Mates" <-- make sure to use quotes around the search string) and you can see a bunch of the ones that are offered.

Thanks guys i will definately check out the bead organizers.

These are pill boxes also (the days are in braille) but i haven't been able to find them that big in any other stores.

I am not overly concerned about the curved bottoms since i cut magnet sheets to fit in the bottom of each compartment.

Joe,

I know the CVS store (On the corner of Carlisle Pike and Sporting Hill) sells the 7 day pill compartment boxes in the large size. I was just in there last week and was looking at them. (saying to myself, "I could use these for hooks")

George

Well i had some success.

I went to Walmart to check out the bead boxes and decided to take a stroll through the heath and beauty. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they now have the big boxes that i was looking for. I added 2 more to my collection. I am thinking of trying some Goof off to get the days off the lid so i can read the hook labels easier.

Thanks for everyone's input.