Fly Tying
fcflyguy

A monthly swap club?????????

What do you guys THINK about starting a monthly swap club?

That way we do not have long dut dates

Each month a differet member choses what we tie or we can setup some thing like this up

Jan ------- nymph

feb-------- wet

march-----strreamer

arpil------- midge

may------ dry

June ------- clouser

july-------- bass flys

aug-------- ants, beatles,and hoppers

sept-------- your choice

oct -------steelhead swap

nov-------- bugger swap

dec-------- fly box swap

I am willing to host If we get some people that ARE WILLING TO GET THEIR FLYS IN BY THE LAST DAY of every month. What do you think :dunno:

FC any input is welcome

I did this on FAOL for two years in the beginner swap. We voted each month on what we would tie and then that category was removed. Votes carried on from one month to the next, so if you voted for nymph every month sooner or later it was gonna get selected.

I dont seea real problem with setting a fixed category schedule though.

My big question is how will you handle people joining and leaving the swap? 1 or 2 month notice to leave? waiting list of guys to join?

As of now you can count me in.

Sounds like a fun idea. Would it be a random I'm in? Can you pick and choose which month you want to participate or do you get in every month?

I think the only problem is people drop out

I think once you join you should stay in to Jan of 08

Mabee we start with 10 guys( more if we want)

just need to find guys that really want to do this and stay in

we can add new members each year

Ok who is in?

same rules apply and if you miss deadlines more than once you lose your spot

1 FC

2 Crotalus

3 Inconnu

4 Jon G

5 Faster Fish

6 flymarker 1

7 steve p

8 raw fish

9 Big Todd

10 mendingline

11 jereme

12 beadhead

Ok guys were are off to a good start

Iam all in favor of setting a early schedule if the one I posted is ok with everyone we will use it and start in Jan. so our first sent would b due the last day in Jan.

I think we should go with the first 12 members with Iam in

FC

I've just commited to the ice swap but if you would have me I'ld really enjoy it alot so I'm in as well. By the way I know how some sites are about newbies and I am for sur a newbie and I'm to new here to say but yall' seem like a darn good bunch of folks. One side note; I tie primarilly for panfish and bass so would we be species specific or just be in the catagory and all is well? :dunno: Monthly swap club sounds like a killer idea though :headbang: :cheers:

cheers and tight lines yall'

Steve

Steve, welcome to the site

as long as you r in the catagory you r good just check out the rules and make shure you get your flies in on time

Iam thinking at the start of the month I will say if there are anything special ,but for the first go around we will keep it simple

the flybox swap may b new to you for that one everyone should tie about 2 dozen of any kind of flys and put them in a cheap box like the ones at walmart for 5 bucks and I will draw names to see who gets whoes boxs

FC

Awsome guys thanks! I did participate in a fly box swap with a local bunch and had a ball so I'm looking forward to that the most I think. I'm not an expert tier but the patterns I do tie I'm very good at(duh thats why I tie them) but I am still learning much as I go in the way of fine tuning my patterns and other more elaborate patterns. Man I wish my Wal-Mart carried fly boxs that would be handythe closest thing to fly anythingn our Wal-Mart carries is six pond test line.