Fly Tying
Peterjay

Snow and Ice

You might have seen on the news that the eastern plains of Colorado are getting a bit of snow. I ventured outside for a short walk to see what we have so far.

IPB Image

this is our front porch. The snow is about four feet deep in places in the yard and because of bushes and trees probably three feet deep in most of the yard.

IPB Image

the neighbors front porch late yesterday afternoon before the snow really started falling.

IPB Image

same neighbors porch and front yard today, and it is still snowing. THe mound in the lower right is a car. THe porch is three feet off the ground and it really can't be seen at all. Once the snow quits I will go out and get more photos. THe drifts just one block north of my house should be much larger as there isn't as much protection from the wind. Mostly now I have pictures of cars buried and decent sized drifts along houses and bushes. When the snow quits and I can venture out farther I should be able to get some really big drifts.

and it just keeps on snowing!

Great pix Kargen - they remind me of the six winters I spent in Western Maine, an experience I've tried hard to forget. Sure is pretty when you don't have to shovel it or drive in it.

Wow, great photos, Peterjay's artistic shots, the cold barbed wire, cold river, as well as the dumping of snow shots. Gives me the shivers...lol..

Happy New Year!!!!

Graham

Went out this AM looking for some ice patterns to shoot, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. Guess I'm getting a bit paranoid. Or........

IPB Image

Graham, if I keep seeing faces in mud puddles, they'll be calling for a rubber truck to come get me before too long. No wonder I have nightmares - I wonder if this is how Stephen King started out.