Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tdeyette

Caddis Fly Swap

Well the first set of Caddis flies arrived today.

A nice set of caddis emergers tied by Flyweaver.

I set up a separate page for photos (I also posted a link to the photos on the first post in this thread)

Tom

Well my order from J Stockard came on Monday so I have started tying my flies.

I will be tying a size 20 wiggle pupa pattern from the book Patent Patterns. Gosh those 20's are small.

I hope you all had a good holiday.

We have about a month left to get the flies together. If anyone needs my address say the word or send me a PM.

Tom

Well, the supplies I ordered aren't here yet (we only get mail once or twice a week), but I'll be cranking out the Hot Spots once the stuff gets here!

No, I'm afraid not.

The pattern is listed as tied by: Mike Lanzone, North Chili, NY

I picked this book up at an Orvis Outlet for 50% off the list price. What a cool book...!!

I have not entered any flies into the Flyfishing and Tying Journal contests.

Tom

I have a caddis in the book. I saw the book in a Orvis shop and was loking at it. I saw a fly that looks like one I fish a lot. I don't see many people tie one like it. I looked at the fly and saw it was mine. I had to buy the book then.

I'm not at home so I don't have book. It is a dry fly caddis with the wing made from a featherclipped off and pulled backwards. I live in SC.

If you use a wood duck or mallard breast feather it forms a tent when you tie it. If you use a regular hackle feather, it makes a great stonefly wing. I tie small black stoneflies with antennae. PM me your addy and I will send you some.

Thanks. It's a neat trick that my Grandfather showed me, back in the sixties when I was young. He fished a fly like that a lot. He also fished two feather mayflies. You don't see them much either.